How to remove an OBT molt for a noob...

AraneaeRosie

Arachnopeon
My obt has dug herself a 'hole' which she has molted in, is it necessary to remove a slings molt, she might be 5cm atm or will it rot and make her sick?

If yes, then how do i remove an obt sling molt from insider her cave/hole?

tyvm for all kinds of replies!

mistertim

Arachnobaron
My obt has dug herself a 'hole' which she has molted in, is it necessary to remove a slings molt, she might be 5cm atm or will it rot and make her sick?

If yes, then how do i remove an obt sling molt from insider her cave/hole?

tyvm for all kinds of replies!
I wouldn't worry about it. They will remove it if it needs to be and they feel like it. My P. irminia always molts way down in her dirt curtain and then eventually brings the molt out and leaves it on the sub. Same with a couple other Ts I have.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
No need, They'll either remove it on they're own or incorporate it into theyre burrow, the exuvia doesen't have the capability to rot or mold.

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
No NEEEED to remove it, my OBTs have however been known to push the exuvium out of their tunnels for me to pick out with the tongs. They can be So mean but still have manners. Lol.

Buuut, When they are soft it's best not to disturb them so if you do feel the need to remove it just wait till it's wandering or waiting for food then pluck it out with tongs or something

DeanK

Arachnosquire
As everyone else has said don't worry about it. They'll bring it out when they're ready

AraneaeRosie

Arachnopeon
Okay thanks everyone :) She mostly just sits in her little hole thing and i put a mealworm at the entrance and she nabs it and takes it with her inside to eat instantly, she rarely leaves her lil' cave

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I think my OBT has three buried in it's web lair right now. It doesn't hurt anything. I'll get them when I rehouse it or if it decides to toss them out.