Answered How to pay for upgrade without PayPal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I know, I know, I should've done this a long time ago, but well, I'm here now ... :embarrassed:

I want to become an Arachnosupporter but apparently this only works if you already have an existing PayPal account or set one up while you're purchasing the upgrade, even when I chose to pay by credit card or via bank transfer. Thing is, I don't want a PayPal account. Is there any other way to pay for the upgrade?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hi Thekla,

According to Paypal's website, you shouldn't need to sign up for an account:

Buyers Can Checkout Without a PayPal Account

PayPal has optimized the checkout experience with an exciting improvement to our payment flow.*

For new buyers, signing up for a PayPal account is now optional. This means your customers can complete their payments first, and then decide whether to save their information in a PayPal account for future purchases. The checkout is more convenient, resulting in more completed sales and satisfied customers.

Best of all, this upgrade requires no action on your part. The checkout automatically applies to Website Payment tools like Buy Now Buttons, Donations, and PayPal Shopping Cart, as well as our Request Money and PayPal Invoicing features.

Here’s how this easier checkout works:

Customers enter their name and shipping address. They’re prompted for their credit card, email address, and phone number. (Optional) After reviewing their information, they may choose to save their information by creating a PayPal account to make future transactions faster.

Please note that PayPal’s fraud prevention measures remain in effect for buyers who use this checkout. PayPal applies the same techniques for this checkout as it does for other transactions.

To turn the feature off, simply go to the Profile subtab, click on Website Payment Preferences under the Selling Preferences column, and check the yes/no box under PayPal Account Optional.

*This feature is available to Premier and Business account holders only.
If there actually is no way to pay without signing up for an account, please use the contact us form and we can try to figure out another way :)

Regards,
MrD

Thekla

Arachnoprince
After reviewing their information, they may choose to save their information by creating a PayPal account to make future transactions faster.
And here I can't choose. After I filled in all my bank details I'm required to enter an email address and a password to set up a paypal account.

Paypal.PNG
It's in German, but I think you'll know what I mean. :)

I'll contact you through the contact form. Thanks for the help. :)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
According to Paypal's website, you shouldn't need to sign up for an account:
*This feature is available to Premier and Business account holders only.

Let me get this straight. You don't need an account but that feature is only available to A and B account holders? If we pass this station again can I get off? As my cuz oft said, 'with a ******* of that magnitude you would think you would at least get a kiss'.

Status
Not open for further replies.