How to pair aggresive spiders?

theamazingspiderman

Arachnopeon
How can I avoid this next time, dude got eaten :(

Has anyone here got experience with pairing this spcies? my male got devoured not sure if it was successful

IMG-20221001-WA0005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
probably same way they do with ts lots of research prior the attempt and a good paint brush to rescue the male

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Has anyone here got experience with pairing this spcies? my male got devoured not sure if it was successful
Yeah, it pretty much took him 5 Seconds to pair. I paired twice and the second time was a minute, maybe two.
She cleaned het Epigyne, he cleaned his bulbs and that was enough to give two full clutches by now. Enough for me but i guess there's more comming 😁.

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
Another good tip at hand is to ensure that the female is VERY well-fed prior to pairing. This reduces the likelihood of the male being seen as a snack, with fullness keeping the female more placated and even slightly sluggish. I also second kingshockey's idea of a good paintbrush, but ensure that the handle is long to ensure you don't get bitten as well when making interceptions--both the male and female might be defensive, the male being worried you are stopping him from reaching her and the female upset that you're stealing her supper. A carefully placed large catch cup can protect the male in one fell swoop.
Sorry about your pal, mate!

Source: Tom's Big Spiders Podcast

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Is that a Phoneutria spp. ? Yeah best of luck with that they're super jumpy