How to move P. muticus?

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
Problem: I have a very big (WAY too large, but I was stupid and didn't realize this at first) dirty-filled container with a 3.5 inch P. muticus juvie female in it.

Another problem: She isn't eating, as a matter of fact she hasn't eaten for me at all, and I got her at the end of January. I only know she's alive cause I've seen her move across her network of tunnels.

So I really want to move her somewhere deep, but with a much smaller surface area. I'm not really sure how to do this, though. Do I just dig her up, or???

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@Chris LXXIX @cold blood can offer better advice than I can about this. But what I can tell you is there are several ways that people perform rehouses here. If you search them up you can probably find them. You will want to make sure you do it in an open area and have plenty of catch cups handy in the even that it bolts as they can teleport.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One can dig up a T, or slowly flood their tunnel, coax them out too. They really don't like a flood, but I've seen it done. Some Ts end up staying inside their silk tunnel so you can literally scoop them out. I wouldn't count on that with any specimen, OW or NW.

Just get a catch cup and a piece of cardboard. Don't let them control the situation, that's the key.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, I just dig em up and scoop em with a catch cup and deposit them in the new enclosure.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I dug mine up a few days ago.

Just use large spoon to scoop out the dirt. Knowing P. mut it will be at the very bottom. Carefully scrape away the dirt until you reach the bottom and then start scraping away one of the entrances slowly until you get to her. Then use brush to manipulate her out of the tomb :D

IMG_6734.JPG

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
Alright, thank you all! I'll give it a try tomorrow, hopefully.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I have tried the flood method twice after seeing a youtube video on it. For me it failed miserably both times.

The first time, I had bought the T with the enclosure and the substrate was coco fiber. I flooded the tunnel slowly and nothing happened. Eventually the sub just started to float as a block on top of the water and the T never came out. The more water I added the higher the block of sub floated. I had to switch to the dig it out method which became much harder than it would have been if I just started that way.

Thats my way of saying just dig it out.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
IMG_0421.JPG
This was not the original plan, but she went into the catch cup behind her eventually so I could move her without worrying about her jumping out of the scoop.

I hate flooding and don't recommend it.

Are you sure you need to move her? If she's got tunnels already it sounds like she's settled in. She'll grow into her home in a decade or so :p but really, if you can leave her then leave her.

Also, don't fret about fasting as long as she's not skinny.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Stop the 'flooding madness'! Stop suggesting that crap!

We are talking about the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) or, if unsexed, a potentially Goddess in her prime, like an innocent Lady waiting for her 'Prom Night Knight'. A bit of respect :rage:

That 'flooding' stuff, well... I accept that only in the case of a sacrifice for the utter important Matriarchy goal, aka a 1.0 (confirmed) specimen, not for 0.1

Gently open the enclosure. Gently remove the water dish. Gently remove the cork bark (if not present, well... shame on you for offering such a spartan home to the Goddess).
Gently start to took out part the substrate. Gently catch cup the Goddess 0.1 into a plastic clean, clear, big enough, container without risking to harm Her in any possible way.

Gently say: "I'm sorry my Goddess, my Lady, My benign Mother, but this is for Your benefit!" more than one time and put a solid cardboard under Her mighty eight-legged rear legs persona.

Gently
put the Goddess in the new, and bigger, and with more inches of substrate, enclosure.

Gently remove the solid piece of cardboard from Her mighty eight-legged persona.

Gently
take off the plastic container and let Her free, again, to walk. If the Goddess, in the process, bites you... well, you clearly deserved that, don't blame everything but, instead, raise your faith of the Goddess to a brand new level, for that our benign Mother knows best, always.

Those are the words of Chris LXXIX, humble and devoted Priest of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) founder of the Goddess Cult.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I can't stand the 'flooding madness', a thing, a bad advice for heretics. But who are the 'heretics', the kafirs, one moment? Who are those that can't accept and refuse in Christ year of 2017, our benign Mother Rule?

Good, logic and valid question. Simple. Those that consider the Goddess 0.1 just like other Theraphosidae. Just like the first 'Brachy' jumped off the Mexican border, a lazy 'Grammo', a roasted/toasted 'Haplo'.

Or those moved by that insane hate for Obligate Burrowers: a modern world insanity and nothing else, like if to see an arboreal acting like Tarzan is best than a lovely burrow where inside there's a "world" u_u

Or those $-£-Euro cash loving sellers that profit of Her kindness, without considering for a moment that She is our benign Mother, the fact that Goddess Lives Matters, that She is our guide under the cold, Hyperborea night sky. I can continue. I can continue, but I will not, for that my main goal here is to state that the Goddess isn't the old average crappy lady of the Titanic that seek sex in a car with a complete stranger, but a Goddess.

And a Goddess deserve everything Best.

'you' need to reach the extra mile? Silly: more! Praise the Goddess!

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Thistles

Thistles, Allison my friend from class A Virginia Tobacco State (I'm an hardcore smoking man u_u)
You are like the lighthouse for sailors when the Sea is angry, when the Moon decide to betray, where the Stars can't anymore guide.

Your Love for the Goddess is Pure, Noble, Sincere, like Your untamed, free, proud Spirit.

I'm proud and I'm honored of your presence here that helped and helps me a lot in the struggle for/of our benign Mother, for Her Matriarchy Rule, for a new Dawn... the Goddess Dawn!

Forward, Brothers and Sisters, for the Goddess! Our fight is for the Goddess, and in this battle against materialism and absurd hate we go forward Together until Victory be won!

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I guess I can't call myself an atheist anymore.

@Chris LXXIX, chief acolyte of her hissing magnificence, our noblest lady from the wilds of Africa, the cruncher of unworthy male carapaces and Goddess of our hearts, you know that I failed in my sacred duty as humble caretaker to the last Goddess to bless me with her holy presence. I now devote my time to raising sacrifices worthy of another Goddess, living in the competent care of another chosen slave, and to breeding legions of prophets to go forward and spread the hissing of red African Theraphosidae across the globe.

Each of us has a role to fulfill, and the Goddess who recently left my life showed me my place in this world. I have accepted my destiny for now, and look forward to the day when another Goddess will deign to bless me with her presence. Until then, 1.0 and Pterinochilus murinus fill my days.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I guess I can't call myself an atheist anymore.

@Chris LXXIX, chief acolyte of her hissing magnificence, our noblest lady from the wilds of Africa, the cruncher of unworthy male carapaces and Goddess of our hearts, you know that I failed in my sacred duty as humble caretaker to the last Goddess to bless me with her holy presence. I now devote my time to raising sacrifices worthy of another Goddess, living in the competent care of another chosen slave, and to breeding legions of prophets to go forward and spread the hissing of red African Theraphosidae across the globe.

Each of us has a role to fulfill, and the Goddess who recently left my life showed me my place in this world. I have accepted my destiny for now, and look forward to the day when another Goddess will deign to bless me with her presence. Until then, 1.0 and Pterinochilus murinus fill my days.
I'm touched by your powerful and passionate words, my friend :bigtears: your comment deserves more than only one 'award' rating but we don't care about ethereal things, at the end.

I would love to tell you that you didn't failed at all on your sacred duty. I would love to tell you a lot of things, but the Truth is, and remain, that the Goddess blessed and Called You for something greater, so words are useless in front of our benign Mother judgement. Useless.

May the lovely and peaceful sound of the Hissing Revelation accompany You, my friend, on your Sacred quest and trials until that Day would come :kiss:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I'm touched by your powerful and passionate words, my friend :bigtears: your comment deserves more than only one 'award' rating but we don't care about ethereal things, at the end.

I would love to tell you that you didn't failed at all on your sacred duty. I would love to tell you a lot of things, but the Truth is, and remain, that the Goddess blessed and Called You for something greater, so words are useless in front of our benign Mother judgement. Useless.

May the lovely and peaceful sound of the Hissing Revelation accompany You, my friend, on your Sacred quest and trials until that Day would come :kiss:
:kiss::happy::astonished::wideyed::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I will agree with all who say no flooding.

I tried it once and my M. robustum just hunkered down in a puddle of water... not only did I have a terrified T, it was now a muddy terrified T...

Get ye old spoon and brush and excavate that precious jewel.