how to mate an emp

SandKing

Arachnosquire
i have a problem, iv'e been to scorp for about a year and im trying to breed an emp.what does it need to mate an emp?coz when i put a female emp on my males enclo she'll agressively aproach the male and sting and they'll start fighting

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is about a normal mating ritual :) This is always kind of heavy :) Just try again and if they keep fighting, don't try.....

SandKing

Arachnosquire
lol.for how many minutes do i have to wait till ill put away either of them?coz i tried again and they fought for about 3mins and then run to the other sides of the enclo and then when they meet again they'll fight

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol.for how many minutes do i have to wait till ill put away either of them?coz i tried again and they fought for about 3mins and then run to the other sides of the enclo and then when they meet again they'll fight
Then they don't seem to like eachother and it seems they refuse to mate. You can do nothing but trying it again in a few weeks. Can't make them do anything :)

Dessicaria

Arachnopeon
Scorpions do have individual preferences. They may not accept every available mate, just like we don't like every potential mate we meet. My "dowager female" flatrock hated the male I originally had for her. The current one, she seems to like. Perhaps try a different individual and see what happens.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hmmmm interesting do you guys think this concept also apply to tarantulas ? I have some tarantulas that also don't want to mate right away lol

SandKing

Arachnosquire
but my friend said they were a breeding mate, since i bought them from him. but when i bought them they were already seperated coz the female has just gaved birth to 12 scorplngs.but its already 8mos since then and i decided to mate them again,but i failed everytime i tried.lol

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd check to make sure the other is a male and not a female for sure, good to post picks if you can. You can't depend on somebody else to tell you every time like that, I'd make sure with my own eyes. So many mistakes are made like that. I think you should check the pectines underneath and take a pic if you can of each and post. Maybe your friend doesn't know it's a pair, but thinks he does. A lot of misdirection comes from assuming and blindly believing other people stating things as fact in this hobby when it's really only speculation and hunches, or people just wanting to sell something. First, I'd make sure,100% that you have a male and female, and that both are mature. Can you post pics?, do you have a camera?

Last edited:

SandKing

Arachnosquire
I'd check to make sure the other is a male and not a female for sure, good to post picks if you can. You can't depend on somebody else to tell you every time like that, I'd make sure with my own eyes. So many mistakes are made like that. I think you should check the pectines underneath and take a pic if you can of each and post. Maybe your friend doesn't know it's a pair, but thinks he does. A lot of misdirection comes from assuming and blindly believing other people stating things as fact in this hobby when it's really only speculation and hunches, or people just wanting to sell something. First, I'd make sure,100% that you have a male and female, and that both are mature. Can you post pics?, do you have a camera?
thnx il post the pic if i have taken it

Dessicaria

Arachnopeon
Well, they are definitely a pair. But remember, females can store sperm for quite a long time, so she may have been impregnated by a different male some time ago, and it wasn't *this* one that she mated with.

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
Then they don't seem to like eachother and it seems they refuse to mate. You can do nothing but trying it again in a few weeks. Can't make them do anything :)
i disagree i think artificial insemination is the route you should take. you must make that male dance with you, collect the stuff he made for you, pick up the female by her tail, and rub it all up in her pectines against her will. its the only way. it must be forceful. make them do it.

nice pictures of her tho. thats really cool to see her onderkant sex parts like that. good pictures. thankyou thankyou for showing them. you actually have a very nice specimen there. cool...

Last edited:

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i disagree i think artificial insemination is the route you should take. you must make that male dance with you, collect the stuff he made for you, pick up the female by her tail, and rub it all up in her pectines against her will. its the only way. it must be forceful. make them do it.

nice pictures of her tho. thats really cool to see her onderkant sex parts like that. good pictures. thankyou thankyou for showing them. you actually have a very nice specimen there. cool...
This is the first time I've heard of anything like this. I'm sure you'll be able to provide us all with the details of how and when you accomplished this and how many babies were produced etc.

SandKing

Arachnosquire

how will i able to do that?lol coz i can't even handle my female emp.if i open the enclo she'll go in defensive mode and sting my forceps ferociously one time i end up being stung 4times in a row.lol:}

thnx for you appreciation

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Lol, no more cannabis for cannabeast, that was too strange:eek:.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol, no more cannabis for cannabeast, that was too strange:eek:.
agreed, lol

anyways, let's start with the basics:

Do you have a flat surface in the tank for the male to plant the spermatophore?

I had a "pair" for over 9 months and only after did I move them to an enclosure with a somewhat flat surface did they do their thing. They actually did their think twice within a couple of hours with 2 spermatophores produced- pretty wicked :D

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
lol stung 4 times:p ur funny

yes you need a flat rock for him to ... ejaculate his sperm onto, and then he will grab her pedipalps and drag her genital opeculum through it, and run away before she can catch him and eat him for humiliating her. you need more specimens of your chosen species. get a few more of each sex emps, and try all different ways. put the male with another chick, and the chick with another male. ah hell, just put em all together in a big enclosure with red lights and cheap perfume, they are communal anyway. then when one pops, take her out and put her in a smaller cheaper enclosure. good luck with the scorpion sex party. but by force. & dont smoke with cigarettes!;P

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You could also mix it with your own little "man porridge" before you inseminate the female (with brute force of course) to create hybrids between the emps and a human.

MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it's alive....ALIVE :evil:

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You could also mix it with your own little "man porridge" before you inseminate the female (with brute force of course) to create hybrids between the emps and a human.

MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it's alive....ALIVE :evil:
I don't usually react to side comments, but this one made my day!{D

Seriously, from my experience mating scorps, females usually avoid mating when they are already gravid. So it is possible that they have already mated. But if you are 100% sure that they haven't mated yet. Introduce the male to the female enclosure instead of the other way around. In the wild this is typical, males roam around looking for mates. If this doesn't work, introduce them to each other in a neutral mating enclosure. This way none of them get too territorial.