Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

How to find Lateodectus in northeast

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by mantisfan101, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:29 AM.

1. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnoangel Active Member

Advertisement
    I found out that there are 2 species of latrodectus in my state-mactans and variolus. However, I’ve never seem a single specimen, so how do you find them? I’ve checked almost everywhere and have yet to even see a male.

2. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoking Active Member

CA
    Well, where and when are you looking?

3. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnoangel Active Member

I sort of gave up for now because it’s pretty cold but I’ve been looking in the woods, old sheds, abandoned structures, piles of wood/junk, and so on.

4. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoking Active Member

CA
    Variolus are not found near human habitation generally. Check around the bases of trees and in natural debris piles in like 5 months. Mactans are more synanthropic. Check water meters, at the bases of structure, and structures that provide a safe area with lots of cover.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

Conditions permitting, go find a location out in the woods or fields where there is debris/hiding holes and make a regular thing of going pee there. Not sure about Variolus but Hesperus and Mactans adore bathrooms and outhouses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.