How to feed B. vagans in burrow?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So my B. vagans made itself a nice burrow in it's container, now I'm not sure how to feed it. It completely closed all entrances, and it's abdomen is way too light for it to be ready for a molt. If I leave a cricket in overnight, will it come out for dinner?

tass

Arachnopeon
if it's hungry it will come out and night and grab the snack and then go back into it's burrow lol my cobalt blue does the same thing

slash63

Arachnopeon
I think if it really closed all entrances then there will be a reason for that behaviour. So I think at the moment there is no need to feed it. But you can try. If it dosen´t take the food within 48 hours you should remove it.

Last edited:

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think if it really closed all entrances then there will be a reason for that behaviour. So I think at the moment there is no need to feed it. But you can try. If it dosen´t take the food within 48 hours you should remove it.

I thought they do it for security? I will leave the food in overnight, and if it is still there in the morning I will remove it just in case :) The bald spot on the vagans is just as flesh colored as can be, so I really don't think I should be expecting a molt any time soon.

tass

Arachnopeon
I thought they do it for security? I will leave the food in overnight, and if it is still there in the morning I will remove it just in case :) The bald spot on the vagans is just as flesh colored as can be, so I really don't think I should be expecting a molt any time soon.
he prolly does it for the "security" so there is a reason he does it :p

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
My heavy webbing T's (C. fibbriatus, OBT, GBB) all seal their entrances most mornings then I catch them out at night and by morning its sealed up again.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
... If I leave a cricket in overnight, will it come out for dinner?
Short answer: if he's hungry, YES.

Longer answer: my vagans Diablo did exactly what your vagans is doing - it was just a phase, as it turns out. I never saw Diablo come up for air, so after a while I put a cricket in the enclosure. The next day, the cricket was gone. I wouldn't be surprised if your vagans does likewise.

Eventually Diablo molted and surfaced, never to go underground again. Which is a good thing - mean and ornery as he was (and is), I missed the little guy!

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Probably the same reason I lock my doors at night... The cricket was still there this morning, so I guess flash wasn't hungry.