How to differenciate.....?

icefish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
any one knows how to differenciate Androctonus australis 'lybicus morph' and Androctonus australis australis? pics will help, thanks!!

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had to go back and check this one up myself, from Eric Ythier's excellent website:

"Androctonus australis
10-12 cm. The adult of this species is uniformly pale yellow, with fingers and the end of the metasoma darker.
Pectines of the female with 22 to 29 teeth, male's ones with 30 to 38 teeth.

Androctonus australis "hector morph"
10-12 cm. The adult of this morph is brown-yellow, with chelae and the last two metasomal segments darker.
Pectines of the female with 25 to 29 teeth, male's ones with 32 to 38 teeth.

Androctonus australis "libycus morph"
10-12 cm. The adult of this morph have the body, legs and pedipalps yellow, and the end of the metsoma darker.
Pectines of the female with 22 to 29 teeth, male's ones with 30 to 38 teeth."
Taken from this page:

Androctonus Spp.

icefish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had to go back and check this one up myself, from Eric Ythier's excellent website:

"Androctonus australis
10-12 cm. The adult of this species is uniformly pale yellow, with fingers and the end of the metasoma darker.
Pectines of the female with 22 to 29 teeth, male's ones with 30 to 38 teeth.

Androctonus australis "hector morph"
10-12 cm. The adult of this morph is brown-yellow, with chelae and the last two metasomal segments darker.
Pectines of the female with 25 to 29 teeth, male's ones with 32 to 38 teeth.

Androctonus australis "libycus morph"
10-12 cm. The adult of this morph have the body, legs and pedipalps yellow, and the end of the metsoma darker.
Pectines of the female with 22 to 29 teeth, male's ones with 30 to 38 teeth."
Taken from this page:

Androctonus Spp.

thanks alot!!!!

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That and google for scorpion files I am sorry don't have the link bookmarked I suffer browser's absent mindedness and usually google it myself nearly every day...

also try image.google.com and type-in the morphs into the search box... that can work pretty good too... but you will get numerous links without pics of the particular species you are seeking too.