How to care for true spider lings(lycosidae - lycosa erythrognatha)

telden

Arachnopeon
I've successfully breed a male and female lycosa erythrognatha spiders, I've already cared for a lot of tarantula lings but I know that I can't treat them the way I treat any true spider, I'm asking for any kind of tips ways I can make them safe and healthy. WhatsApp Image 2020-10-25 at 23.24.47.jpeg

Attachments

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
L. erythrognatha isn't too difficult to raise to my experience.

Given you're in Brazil you can just keep them at room temperature. Substrate needs to be slightly damp at all times.

Biggest obstacle could be prey items, as you'll need rather small prey during the first instars. The grow MUCH faster than tarantulas though.

On a last note: Lycosidae are very difficult to impossible to identifiy down to species level by merely looking at them or looking at pics. This siad, L. erythrognatha is usually easy to distiguish from other species by its pattern and color. I mention this because your specimen doesn't look like L. erythrognatha.

Best of luck with those slings!

telden

Arachnopeon
Thank you my man, about the ID, now that I have searched more I agree with you that it may not be erythrognatha, the seller told me that he wasn't so sure either.

NYAN

Arachnoking
The slings will hatch and ride around on mom for a couple weeks. Afterwards they will disperse and can take prey.