How tall of tank should I have for my 2" Irminia?

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I have it sitting right now in a small plastic aquarim thats about 6" tall and about 1" of substrate... is this too tall? Its an Aboreal so I know they like height but is that too high?

TheDon

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No, I don't think that is too high at all. At 2" it should have no problem in there, even where it comes to feeding it. You should be able to drop the crickets or whatever in and the Suntiger will find them. You should have a piece of cork bark or something for it to web to. You may even want to put just a little more substrate in just to help with the humidity. Good Luck:)

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have mine in what I think was a old pickel jar.So its about 6-8" tall with about 1" substrate and since I work at a Plant nursery for my arborals I just take a plastic pot and cut out a tall wide strip of the plastic and use that for a lean-to.I mist there jars every couple of days or so. They also need good ventilation so plenty of holes in my lids.

Doug

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
ok thnx for the replies... I dont have anything in there right now for her to web to but i plan on putting something in soon. Prob tonite just a piece of Pine that I can lean up against the cage.

TheDon