How small are lividums supposed to get???

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Just found out why one of them has been hidden for so long. It has gloves and is just about 4-5in legspan with a tiny body.

Normal? :?

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mature male, I presume.

As for an answer to the original question, no idea, no big fan of Haplos :)

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
4-5 inches seems about mature size for a female. i think the largest H.Lividum i've heard to date was like 6"

i could be wrong though.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah, I have an H. lividum and she is around 4in but her abdomen isn't huge or anything and she's a perfectly healthy girl. It's also normal for the males abdomens to be a bit smaller than females.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Well ok, I was not very clear - I am just surprised about the carpace size when I talk about the "body". Here I am looking at my parahybanas and blondi and every growing other T's and the lividums end up all tiny!! ;)

A little surprised is all. I guess I made their cages a little large.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haplo's generally have small abdomens. If it's a female and she's pregnant, that might be like the only exception.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Not really. Even the gravid females only look like medium-well fed Ts. They don't get very huge. At least not compared to Pamps or Brachys.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haplo's generally have small abdomens. If it's a female and she's pregnant, that might be like the only exception.
Not really. Even the gravid females only look like medium-well fed Ts. They don't get very huge. At least not compared to Pamps or Brachys.
I think its more along the lines of them being able to maintain a healthy weight easier, probably due to a higher metabolism. Most people overfeed their spiders. Its not natural for them to have huge, golf ball shaped abdomens. It makes them more prone to injury, especially in the wild.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just found out why one of them has been hidden for so long. It has gloves and is just about 4-5in legspan with a tiny body.

Normal? :?
at least now you should be able to see him lol
Lots of males mature out wiht long legs and smaller bodies relative to leg span

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
By the way, a MM H lividum loses it's blue color. When they "hook out" they turn a greenish brown. I've never seen this but i hear it's true...

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
must be a MM...

I have an adult female now that's around 6''. she shed about a month ago, and right after she hardens it's the time you wonder how can their market price be so low...