how rare is maraca cabocla??

m6e6m6r

Arachnopeon
the ad claims they bought the female, and she now has had babies.... only asking $ 40.00????

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is only one person I can think of that has this species.. Or had the momma drop a sac.. I believe she was W/C.. IDK for sure... But his ID here is TalonAWD... He has some.. Might be him that is advertising them.. Might drop him a line here & ask..

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Never saw this thread...

I'll answer. Very Rare species in the hobby. I am the one that has them as captive born slings (the only one). I have went all over the place in prices and even handed a few out to various people in different forums to get these guys into the hobby.
The ad on craigslist was in my area ONLY. I'm not sure how the OP saw it living in another state unless was looking there specifically.

I have info all over the internet about them and Youtube videos. A run down is that this is a terrestrial species. Very hardy as I have kept them in different environments from dry to humid. Eating machines and grow at a good pace. To date the maximum size is unknown but my female "Mommy" is at around 5" legspan. Very docile as I have handled her. Never ever a threat posture and does not choose to flick hairs.
Stubborn when trying to get them to walk and when they do walk its very slow. Super fast against prey.
Pricing is back to normal.

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
Do any of you guys have some quick tips on keeping one of these slings?
I'm getting one as a freebie and need to know how to care for it properly and I can't find much information on it. :(
I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone will take a look. :)

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just search Maraca cabocla and you will see all my info on them. I posted everything you need to know about them in this forum and on youtube. You need to spend the time in looking it up.

Last edited:

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Do any of you guys have some quick tips on keeping one of these slings?
I'm getting one as a freebie and need to know how to care for it properly and I can't find much information on it. :(
I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone will take a look. :)

I keep mine similar to how I keep my B. smithi and it seems to be fine....

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
You need to spend the time in looking it up.
I did type it in? I don't post questions unless I cannot find an answer.... It just brought up thousands of for sale or trade threads. I'm sorry if it seemed I was looking for easy answers. ;-;

Using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Funny, I typed in Maraca cabocla in the search and made sure to search up titles only and only got 20 hits.... And out of the 20 all of my threads popped up. 12 of them was for sale ads. Just change the way you use the search function to look up title only:geek:. I started all my threads on this species the same way.

It all started with this thread.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...pecies-in-the-hobby.&highlight=maraca+cabocla

EDIT: Will add the others here for future reference. This will get you started on all the info I gathered. As well as my YouTube videos, I have all of the videos in one favorites section on my channel for easy reference and viewing.
Breeding attemps: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...cla-breeding-attemps&highlight=maraca+cabocla
First Egg sac in US: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...abocla-Update-(Sac!)&highlight=maraca+cabocla
Photo Shoot: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...cabocla-photo-shoot.&highlight=maraca+cabocla
Communial project: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...cla-communal-project&highlight=maraca+cabocla
Moving sling to enclosure: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...-a-bigger-enclosure.&highlight=maraca+cabocla

Last edited:

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
I didn't know you could do titles only. I'm sorry about that. Thank you.

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
How do you change it for titles only btw?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
On the right side where you type in the keyword you will see the option to change from Entire posts or Titles only
But I answered your question fully with links to my threads. You have ample to read and loads of pictures:)

peterock44

Arachnopeon
hey talon, you mentioned that these grow fairly quickly. i bought 2 from you a ways back when you had them on sale. they molted not too long after recieving them, 1 had a bad molt and died the other has not molted since (possibly once that went unnoticed as it used to have an extensive burrow before it redecorated). it is actually still in the vial you shipped it in, hahaha. i was worried for awhile that i was not keeping it healthy, but its abdomen is good and plump, 80 degree room, with the occasional misting. without reading all your threads on these beasties again (im at work) what is your typical growth rate observations of these guys?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So far from sling to now my little ones are around 3". I have not been feeding as I usually do as I focused on other projects but thats what I got as far as info on their growth rate. So I would say moderate. Dependant on how you feed them, it directly affects their growth rate. I still have some slings at 4th instar:eek: The slings that are this small do not get fed hardly. They eat maybe once a month. and I keep them cool. And also have some in their original vials.

Heres a pic I snapped for you right now. .75" compared to my largest from my sac at around 3" which I know for a fact is a female. Males would be mature at around this size. (pic of my mature male for reference)

Last edited: