How often to feed jumping spiders?

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just fed mines yesterday but with them being so active how do I know when to feed them again?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
feed it until it looks full and sated. what species is it? i use different feeding schedules for different spiders. just til they look fat and happy.

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My P.audax had a fruit fly a day, he was constantly topped up :)
Bloody hell i miss them :(
Their not dead im just waiting for them to be sent back :p

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My adult male P.Audax would eat every 3 or four days. I gave him small crickets ( big for him) and that seemed to be good enough for a while.

I miss him. :(

My juvenile P. Regius ( I think ) will eat pretty much everything I give her when she's preparing to molt. But when she's inbetween she eats about as often as the adults do, about every 3 days. They eat when they are hungry so I tend to leave their food in the cage for when they wanna have a meal.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last edited:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feed my jumpers when they don't have that "chubby" look... hmmmm about every two days for slings and each week for adults; more often when they're active. If they're not visibly seen or they are noticed in their tent, I take that as a sign they want to be left alone and just do a light misting so that they have water at least.

I've had a few Phidippus that will take a struggling insect from tongs.