How often should you feed a Scolopendra polymorpha?

NoStoneUnturned Herps

Arachnopeon
I recently acquired a wild-caught tiger centipede (Scolopendra polymorpha) and I have had it for a little over a week. I have placed a cricket slightly larger than its head in the tank every night and sometimes he usually eats all or most of the cricket, but in the last couple days he just killed the crickets and barely ate them. Is he just too full or am I doing something wrong? Also how often do you feed your centipedes? Any response would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You're over feeding it. They don't need to eat every day. I feed mine on the same schedule as my tarantulas and scorpions - roughly once every week or so. I'll drop in 2-3 crickets per centipede and they'll eat them over the next few nights. (It's rare for any of the crickets to survive more than a night or two.)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Every night? Way too much. Once a week is good depending on the size of the cricket.

NoStoneUnturned Herps

Arachnopeon
You're over feeding it. They don't need to eat every day. I feed mine on the same schedule as my tarantulas and scorpions - roughly once every week or so. I'll drop in 2-3 crickets per centipede and they'll eat them over the next few nights. (It's rare for any of the crickets to survive more than a night or two.)
Yeah i thought that might be too much. I'll wait a while before feeding him again. Thank you!

basin79

ArachnoGod
I feed my Scolopendra Hardwickei when it's out and about. If it's out I know it's hungry.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Mine just yesterday decided to come out and was crazy for food... she literally took the B.dubia in 1 second. When mine (S.subspinipes) is hungry, she try to escape. After a meal, return lazy and pet hole :-s

Godzillababy

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am newcomer!!
I feed my Scolopendra polymorpha called Carl once a week with red cockroach. He is about 2 1/4".