How often should I feed my sling?

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I would rehouse. I see the little cuts but airflow seems limited based on the pictures.
Ditch the fruit flies.
A container of mealworms from a local tackle shop runs around three dollars.
Serve scissor cut disks every three days or so and remove uneaten food after twenty four hours.
It sounds sad but if you only have one spider, you might be killing mealworms only to use a portion.

Ividaloca

Arachnopeon
There are 3 sets of holes in the container, and holes all around the top. Is that still not enough?

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
did you see the picks? It is so small. Are you sure about the water dish...
Yes.
If there is room for it, a bottle cap of water should be provided.
If the lid is peppered with vent holes, it could be ok.
Don't let things get stagnant.🙂

sasker

Arachnoprince
I would keep a spider this small in a much smaller enclosure, like a small pill bottle. This enclosure seems more suitable for a juvi than a sling. It will be much easier for you to check on the well-being of the spider and prey items don't get away that easily

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'd rehouse to a smaller tub tbh, 4oz condiment cups are my go-to enclosures for terrestrial slings. Just keep the sub slightly moist.

I'd also ditch the fruit flies, unless you scratch mix your own medium for them they're nutritionally garbage, pre-killed mealworms or roach nymphs are great for slings as they'll happily scavenge, it's a slower growing species so I'd feed every 7 days.

sling enclosure1.JPG

Tigger

Arachnopeon
I have an easy routine for feeding. Slings under an inch I feed every 4 days. Anything over an inch I feed every 8 days. It means everyone gets fed on the same day. The bigger ones just skip every other feeding day. All get fresh water on every feeding day. After a molt I skip their next scheduled feed.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
You can feed slings 2-3 times a week. They would come out near the entrance of their burrow if they want some food.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
depends on their abdomen size and prey size, could be twice a week, could be once a week, could be 10days. No set schedule works perfectly everytime under all conditions with all factors. But yes include a water dish regardless!