How often do you see this behavior?

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I have a male emp. that is plain evil. He's the most aggressive animal I own next to my P. murinus.
This thing spazzes out and starts pinching and stinging ANYTHING that gets near it. Rocks, pens, paintbrushes, fingers...wow. I've never seen anything like it. It makes my P. leiosoma and H. spinifer look like little bo-peep!

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I noticed the males tend to be more agressive. Are you sure it is not just hungry?

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Positive. It's passed up the last couple crickets. More aggressive I can understand...but I'm not kidding. It doesn't try to sting once, it actively attacks over and over again.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
re

My emp was the same way, well, the male one at least. Seriously I couldn't pick him up at all. Many people pick their scorps up by the tail, but I use this method; what I do is while they are sleeping during the day, go behind them, dig your hand into the substrate a bit then move underneath with your middle and index fingers. Just have him out for a bit, maybe 30 mins just handling him and not pissing him off so he will get more used to you. I also want to ask, is he a new addition or what? New additions tend to be like that 'til they settle in.

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I've had him for about a month. He harrassed a big female for a while, then she died and he's been alone since. Don't get me wrong, I love his attitude...I was just surprised to see this sp. going ballistic like this.

Bagan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't think it's an exclusively Male behavior to be psychotically agressive. My female Emperor Scorpion is quite agressive and jumpy herself.