How often do you get a feeding response from spiderlings

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Every time I drop a cricket. Nothing. Leave it overnight. It eats. I believe they will be more inclined to pounce on there prey when they get older.

Timc

Arachnosquire
How big a sling are we talking about? If the prey is appropriately sized and the spider is hungry most animals will pounce greedily, however, I do have an A. chalchodes that won’t eat with the lid off and lights on. She’s just a weirdo though. My other chalchodes (presumably a sac mate) is a voracious eater. So, there are some strange Ts out there that like their privacy.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
How big a sling are we talking about? If the prey is appropriately sized and the spider is hungry most animals will pounce greedily, however, I do have an A. chalchodes that won’t eat with the lid off and lights on. She’s just a weirdo though. My other chalchodes (presumably a sac mate) is a voracious eater. So, there are some strange Ts out there that like their privacy.
There 1 inch and I feed pinheads to small crickets. They are fossorial to be fair but they won’t event try to grab the prey

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
try feeding around 3 / 4 am in the morning i usually catch my pet holes out an about during those hours

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
It depends because my T. Albo sling even from being 1/2" would furiously launch itself at crickets that were bigger than itself, whereas my genic started like a cricket disposal chute now this molt she's a lot shyer. I'm sure this will change again though 😅

Liquifin

Arachnoking
To answer your question, it really depends on the species and the specimen itself. Some slings I will never see eat in front of me, but they will scavenge it out at night. And there are some others that will just eat right away.

Xharyel

Arachnopeon
The only slings I had that didn't have good feeding response were the D. diamantinensis, N. incei, C. versicolor and B. simoroxigorum. They would just scavenge at night. Other species are fine and always pounce on their prey, especially my Pamphos and Phormis. Some others are a bit shy as well, but not on the level of the first 4 I named earlier. (Though, as they grow, they're great eaters, only my B. simoroxigorum is still on the shy side)

But I agree, it depends on the specimen itself, my friend's C. versi sling is eating and pouncing on its prey like a truck.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
When they stop being that weird tan brown colour ( for NWs), I've never had an ow sling under 1/2"