How observant are you?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I’ve come up with the BINGO board, so we all can play ‘observe’ game with our tarantulas.

Circle or scratch or cross or stamp, however it pleases you.

Only from what you observed with what you are currently keeping or you have kept. Not from other source, such as YouTube tarantula channel, friend’s tarantula, neighbor’s tarantula.

Enjoy!

A26E6615-9144-451F-98BD-E25A24DD245C.jpeg

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Tarantulas happy dance?
This I gotta see.

*stares at my T’s intently*

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Hair kicking courtesy of @BoyFromLA

We need enough for another row. I have “4x4’ing“ or “Monster Trucking” . Got some stilts there 😳

4614B680-D3F6-416A-9629-F45D48B9F9DB.jpeg

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Hair kicking courtesy of @BoyFromLA

We need enough for another row. I have “4x4’ing“ or “Monster Trucking” . Got some stilts there 😳

View attachment 401546
Dumb question time! 🙃

Why do T’s stand like this, do we know? My b. hamorii sling stilts itself when it’s eating, which I kind of understand, but it also just randomly goes into “Big YeeYee Truck” mode if I so much as breathe at its enclosure the wrong way. I assumed it was trying to be threatening but now I’m not so sure.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Dumb question time! 🙃

Why do T’s stand like this, do we know? My b. hamorii sling stilts itself when it’s eating, which I kind of understand, but it also just randomly goes into “Big YeeYee Truck” mode if I so much as breathe at its enclosure the wrong way. I assumed it was trying to be threatening but now I’m not so sure.
I’m not sure. Mostly see it when eating. Reminds of my dog when it’s on wet grass and not wanting to touch it.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
I’m not sure. Mostly see it when eating. Reminds of my dog when it’s on wet grass and not wanting to touch it.
That’s a perfect analogy. 😂

Eating, I understand. Especially with jumping prey, less chance of a cricket doing some Jackie Chan moves - but the random times I walk in my T room and it just *bloop* up on its toes make no sense to me.
I don’t see my a. avic do it but that one has basically given me a pet piece of cork 90% of the time so I don’t see it do much of anything.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
What do I win if I have seen all of the behaviors? Do I get a special prize if I have seen some of them from wild tarantulas? :D

Oh, and there is a missing behavior... "stilting". Stilting is when a tarantula stands on its tippy toes when it gets too hot.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
You then will finally be proud of yourself for achieving such a milestone!
Looks like you were in the process of replying as I was editing. I have to give back my milestone and throw myself a pity party since I haven't seen proper jumping in the last 7 years; it's been far longer than that.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, i have seen all these things multiple times...this year alone probably...lol...plus plenty more, like escaping, diving into the water dish, backing up out of a shipping vial, diving into a shipping vial, sprinting laps, stridullation and probably more if I thought longer.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Yeah, i have seen all these things multiple times...this year alone probably...lol...plus plenty more, like escaping, diving into the water dish, backing up out of a shipping vial, diving into a shipping vial, sprinting laps, stridullation and probably more if I thought longer.
Might as just lump all of that into one category called ‘Tarantula Olympics’. Stridulating might be more ‘American Idol/The Voice” though. 🤔

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I've seen all these haha. Add trapdoor use, as a sling I used to always see my I mira do it, now I swear it knows the second I look away

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I've seen everything except moult chewing, moult throwing, mating, drumming, and egg sac making. Which makes sense because I 1) try to remove moults before they have a chance to ruin them, and 2) have zero plans to breed my Ts. I watch my collection more than is necessary, I just like looking at them.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Pooping?.Really?.....you people have seen your T,s poop.
WoW.Or throwing a molt.I’ve found the molts outside a hide/burrow,but never seen a T carrying it out and giving the old heave hoe.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Pooping?.Really?.....you people have seen your T,s poop.
WoW.Or throwing a molt.I’ve found the molts outside a hide/burrow,but never seen a T carrying it out and giving the old heave hoe.
I got a video of my P irminia pooping the other day. I'll post it at some point or if you message me I'll link you to another app where I posted it

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
What about biting or striking? Or grabbing water dish pulling it away while you are trying to fill it.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've witnessed the majority of those behaviours, with the exception of all that pertains to breeding. I'll get to it... one of these days ;)