How Not to Rehome Your OBT Sling

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Only had two hands, so didn't have video on my camera, of course. My four now-4th instar OBT babies were originally in tall baby-food jars. It was getting time to rehome them, as they have more than doubled in size (one is actually 1 1/4" DSL now, from the .5" when I got them.

I was thinking about how best to do the dirty deed. I picked up one of the jars and very carefully started picking out old webbing, bolus, etc.

I realized I had a ball of webbing with a little OBT in it. Um, grab the new home, open it, and very gently place ball of web in new home. Close lid.

Watch startled little OBT crawl out of web, look around and say WHAT THE HECK????. He went over to his new little cork bark slab, crawled on it, and then under it. Open lid, remove old web ball.

The next morning he had made himself a burrow and a hammock. He sits in the top of his little hammock like a typical OBT.

I guess I should say Carpe... Seize the day? The moment? Just kind of happened. I used the bag method with must less stress on ME for the others. They are all hungry, happy little campers.

Marga

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
I guess I should say Carpe... Seize the day? The moment? Just kind of happened.
your thinking of the famous latin quote "Carpe Diem" which does translate to "seize the day" you were on the right track though with thinking :)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
your thinking of the famous latin quote "Carpe Diem" which does translate to "seize the day" you were on the right track though with thinking :)

Oh yes, I know the saying. But truly, Carpe opportunis? Carpe Arachinis? or "Stop trying to think and grab the container FAST!!!"???

LOL.

Marga