How much would you pay for a 7" blondi?

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I suppose the answer is "How much is it worth to you?"... but, I have one on offer to me in a private sale (not someone from the boards) and he says they sell for over $250 but he'll sell it for $80.... I haven't seen any $250 blondis for sale on the boards.... seller says its female....

Any advice welcome.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
all depends on if its wild caught, long term captive, cabtive born, and most importantly the sex. Adult female T's sell for $200+ so this price doesnt seem that shocking to me. If you trust the guy, and the spider is in good health, and its something you really want, it doesnt seem like that outrageous of a price.

:eek:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Adult females don't sell for that price anymore. 80 is very reasonable Id buy a female for 80. Bigger confirmed females can run about 120-140, any more than that and Id just wait and get a sling for 1/4th the cost. They grow like weeds anyway.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
if seen close to 10" females selling for round 150 at shows.id say 50-75$ would be a fair price for one @ 7"
if i were u id just get a cb blonde instead tho.why buy wc if theres cb stock available?

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it's really a matter of personal preference...and it really depends on how much the seller wants to sell. personally, if it's a 7'' female, the most i'll pay for it is maybe 70.:cool:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if it is a 7" female the most i would pay would be about 70-75,ofcourse it's gotta be healthy.:)

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They have a rather large T. Blondi for 90.00 at my local Animart up near where I live..
I would say you are getting a good price...
The other store has one for nearly double or more than that..

T-chick

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If it's WC unsexed I would not pay more then $100, if it's WC female I would not pay more then $150, if it's WC male I would not pay more then $90, if it's CB unsexed I would not pay more then $120, if it's CB female I would not pay more then $200, if it's CB male I would not pay more then $105.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow I guess my price-o-meter is way off. The way I look at it is: one night eating out costs me about $180. So if i spend about that much on anything invert related in a week, I just go out to eat once that week instead of twice {D

B.L.

Arachnopeon
I paid more then 80 for my four inch captive born female. Its now about 6 inches or so. But I really don't think thats too unreasonable. The males should be half the price as females since they die soon after matureing. I probably got ripped off a little but I enjoy the T and try to take good care of it. I would not pay 250 or 300 for any size T. Blondi though thats too damn much.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My last sling was U$135, at 1cm...but I AM in Africa, and they are scarcer than hen's teeth here! ;P

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmm

Id say it depends on the sex of it. Either way its gonna be expensive when its a sling too. But hopefully you can get a good deal!!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
right now i would only buy one if it was good sized already and under $50.00 USD
but im really not wanting another one now. They are great , but i am trying to get down to a couple species to breed and wont have room for big huge spider tanks since i have no intrest in breeding them .
I more for for a mature female A. moderatum lol

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks all for the input, seems to be a reasonable deal then...