How much venomous Scolopendra Mirabilis

Ciyansevici

Arachnopeon
View attachment VID_263940122_211656_256.mp4
Hello, I have a baby centipede. the species is scholopendra mirabilis. it has neon blue legs, I live in Romania and this centipede is famous in Tanzania, I have a few questions on my mind I didn't see a neon blue-legged centipede, I looked for it, but I couldn't find anything about it. can you tell me about scolopendra mirabilis?

NYAN

Arachnoking
It’s venom is deadly to crickets.

Also, that enclosure is completely inappropriate. Give it substrate depth, a water source, and something to hide under.

ThatOneGuyInAus

Arachnopeon
Dude, that enclosure is tiny. No water? Also, pls don't shake it just to get it to move. (Sry if I was salty, I just don't like seeing animals under this condition.)

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Dude, that enclosure is tiny. No water? Also, pls don't shake it just to get it to move. (Sry if I was salty, I just don't like seeing animals under this condition.)
You’re not being salty, you’re just giving someone you’re opinion on the enclosure it’s being kept in, and calling OP out on they shouldn’t be doing :)

Last edited:

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
View attachment 363897
Hello, I have a baby centipede. the species is scholopendra mirabilis. it has neon blue legs, I live in Romania and this centipede is famous in Tanzania, I have a few questions on my mind I didn't see a neon blue-legged centipede, I looked for it, but I couldn't find anything about it. can you tell me about scolopendra mirabilis?
Anyways, while I don’t know much about the venom potency of this species, I agree with everyone else in that your setup is not appropriate. The size of that enclosure is fine for now, but give your pedeling a bit more substrate to burrow, as well as something to hide under. And give it a water dish too. I’d suggest using a small bottlecap.

And as already mentioned, don’t shake the enclosure just to get it to move. This REALLY stresses them out, even more so than simply prodding it with a paintbrush. We may be coming off as a little harsh, but we just want to see the best for you and your pede! :)