How Much Time???

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
perhaps not the area to post but i dont think this quite fits in off topic either...

I'm finding myself sitting around quite a bit and doing nothing but watching AB. ive gathered TONS of usefull info and also met a few pretty interesting people on here, but i feel like im perhaps using to much of my time on here? so my question is...How much time do you spend on AB in any given day/week/month? i myself would say probably between 3-8 hours a day on here haha is that alot or am i still not even scratching the surface of a true "net geek hobbiest"?

Alex080

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Me personally i come on even when im at work but i have my own office so no one knows im on at least 7-8HRS a day i like AB it's a place all the hobbyist can come together and get to know each other i have made a few friends on here and we can all share our experiences in the hobby and ask questions about something you can never know to much about T's for me i have learned a few new things each day on here

somethingbig

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i spend waaaaay too much time on here. i find myself not doing homework because there's a new thread up. over the last 20 pages on T questions & discussions, i have read every single thread. i find myself staying up until 3 in the morning reading about Ts. i spend about 80 to 90% of the time my computer is on on AB. come to think of it, if i flunk out of school during my senior year (this year :D), i'll blame AB!!

i have also met a ton of knowledgable, friendly, helpful and fun people on AB! made some new friends and such...

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't think there's a standard. I check the forums when I have free time that's not being spent doing anything else, I guess - these forums, other forums, webcomics, whatever. Some weeks I check it often, some weeks I go days without bothering.

If you feel like you're spending too much of your day here, you probably are. If you're not worried about it and it's not negatively impacting your life, there's no reason to *start* worrying about it. It's as simple as that, IMO.

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
During week days:from 4-5h in AB.
During weekend(that i dont have basketball games):around 8h for sure.
During weekend(basketball games): simply unknown, depends where i'm playin.

I spend this hours in AB and also on msn readin other pages listening to music, playin guitar etc... I almost never spend all the time lookin at the boards!
It doesnt affect nothin my social life, u just need to organize it. I'm a guy with a LOT of friends(or ppl who u hang out,call it what u want). There is time for EVERYTHING, tho i hate to study and do homework so the time shortens for those matters HAHHAHA :?

;P

//Tiago

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this site is really useful for me l learned too much things from here
l spend 2-3 hours in each day

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha i would never think its negative ive learned more in the last 2 months of being on the site then i would have ever learned elsewhere but its funny cuz ill invite friends over and for like 10 mins after they show im like "oh check out this thread" lol no one seems to mind cuz most of the people i invite over are at least soemwhat cool with T's so i guess it works out. i had 3 of my friends sitting around my computer the other day as i tried to teach/quiz them on Vent Sexing, they really kinda thought it was cool.

Arachnosold1er

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should make this a poll. The results would surely be interesting. Then do it again with just a few ppl. Like Rob C, Talkenlate04, ect. I wanna see who the BIGGEST arachno-geek on AB is!

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
When I had a lot of T's and reptiles I was on this place like a crackhead to a rock. But as I have really dwindled my collection down to just a few, and being busy with my life right now I maybe will spend an 1 hour on AB every other day now. :/

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
im almost always on

or atleast i try to be

im heading over to the beach soon to gather some drift wood to use in my enclosures;)

but id have to say i watch my little brother at 5 in the morning and thats usually when i start then i keep getting on at every chance on and off during the day

and i usually get to bed at 10-midight

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I used to live on here. However, now i am not on as much. I find more and more unread threads each time i get on. Then i have to go back and catch up lol

El Viejo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I probably average an hour a day. I don't post a lot, but I am constantly learning new information. I have also found a few T's I wouldn't mind owning some day, perhaps when I retire from my present job & have a little more time on my hands. I also agree with Arachnosold1er, this would make an interesting poll.

Red Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Over the course of a day I log in and out when I have some spare time (or when I don't want to be doing something else). It's hard to say the total number of hours per day, some days there are alot more new threads so I'm on longer.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I used to be on practically all day when I was newer in the hobby and also had more free time. Several hours every day and night. 4 or 5 maybe? I used to use it to procrastinate writing my dissertation (which worked a little too well).

These days I read for 15 minutes in the morning before work, I check it a few times from work, and then maybe a half hour when I get home. So around an hour each day. Not more than two I don't think. Except on weekends.

If I get insomnia, which I frequently do, I spend all those late night hours here basically. I'm always wishing there were more threads. If there aren't I browse the for sale section and covet tarantulas I don't have. Or read the pictures section.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am always on finding things to research and study. T's are that awesome.. Plus I like to answer questions..

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
About 5-6 hours a day Monday-Saturday. Usually not on at all on Sundays.

--the nature boy

bhoeschcod

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
me i try to be on every day but i have my own site to run so yeah but im also only 14:D

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm usually on about 5-6 hrs a day.
Sometimes more, sometimes less. (Usually not less:D)

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Haven't been on long. Now I think I'm hooked. I work odd shifts at night great way to stay up. Usually offline long enough to sleep. ;) I might miss something good. So is their like an A.A. class I can take for T's? started out as hey I think I want another T Rosea or Strip knee? Hey look at this site there are a ton of them. I am constently learning a new name and off to google to find out as much as possible. :D This site is so dangerouse. I can't stop myself its like smack.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I don't know? Now that I think about it I should probably start getting some work done being as I need to go home on 40 mins.:D