How much does it take to disturb a T molting?

ElSilverWind

Arachnopeon
Greetings, I purchased a Tliltocatl Albopilosum sling (about 1/4) a little over a month ago. The little thing dug itself a burrow right away and has been more than happy to just chill in its little home. It sealed off the entrance about a week ago so now I can't really see it anymore, so I believe that it may be in premolt/going to molt soon.

I have my slings on a bit of a schedule. Saturday and Wednesday nights I drop in a cricket leg or piece of a mealworm, refill water dishes if needed, and spot clean. Thursday/Sunday Mornings I remove any uneaten food items.

However, when I do this, I pick up the sling enclosure and move it from my shelf and place it on a table. I don't normally think much of it, but if my sling is molting while I'm lifting it's whole little world up off the ground, could it stress the T and cause a bad molt?

Probably just being a little paranoid, but I'd rather ask a dumb question than make a mistake because I didn't know something obvious.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
No.
The act of just lifting or moving the enclosure shouldn't make any difference.
Provided that nothing in the enclosure moved, shifted or fell.

maddog1219

Arachnosquire
as long as your not touching the T or the things inside of the enclosure you should be fine

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
However, when I do this, I pick up the sling enclosure and move it from my shelf and place it on a table. I don't normally think much of it, but if my sling is molting while I'm lifting it's whole little world up off the ground, could it stress the T and cause a bad molt?
Not as far as I'm aware, I've lost count of how many times I've either;

- picked an enclosure up off the shelf, put it down on my work area, and opened it up to find the occupant in the middle of moulting because it decided to surprise me with a moult, or:
- picked up an enclosure to check if the occupant has moulted yet to find them in the middle of moulting.

It's never caused an issue.

I have had one instance where I picked up my B. hijmenseni's enclosure to see that she was on her back but hadn't popped her carapace yet and when I put the enclosure back it must've startled her and she righted herself, I checked back later to find her moulting upright but she moulted successfully.