How much and how often?

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wowza, there are a lot of Pandinus imperator threads in this Scorpions forum. I have two scorpions that I think I take good care of. Just so I'm not way off track, how much and how often do you feed your Emperor's (in cricket terms)

Here is a nightshot pic of one of mine with a pinky-

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
If you are actualy regulating their food, once or twice a week is sufficient. Usualy you would feed one right-sized prey item. Since emps get to a size where no cricket will do, though, you would probably want to feed one or two full-sized crickets at each feeding.

For my Heterometrus I just throw in lots of crickets and they eat what they would.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I do the same as Dave with most of my scorps and T's. If they don't finish the crickets by the next time I check on them then I give them fewer or none for the next week.

John
];')

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yup i do the same. I don't think scorpions are as bothered by prey items running around as tarantulas are. If my emperors don't want a cricket, they seem to completely ignore it until they are hungry enough to eat it.

Cheers,

Dan.

Baphomet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As with the rest who responded here, I usually toss in 4-5 crickets per scorpion, and let them eat what they wish. I repeat this every 3 days (removing the uneated crickets), and replacing them with fresh.

I like to remove the uneaten crickets and replentish them every 3 days to ensure that the crickets available for the scorps are properly "gut loaded", thus allowing the maximum benefit as a food item.