How many Ts

tarantulaeddie0

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Who on the board has the most Ts? Or who do u kno that has an insane amount for a collection? Just a few ?s i figured id ask.

Eddie

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as I know, I think perhaps Joe and Rob might be close to the top..

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At one point counting all the slings I had over 2500...but of course, counting slings ;)

tarantulaeddie0

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Well i think anastasia holds the # 1 spot for the most Ts. Go ana!!! She has pics pisted of her T room, check it out, its insane lol.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And people give me crap for having 38... :rolleyes:

I tell them that my collection is tame compared to some I've seen, but they still call me a 'hoarder'. What the heck?

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And people give me crap for having 38... :rolleyes:

I tell them that my collection is tame compared to some I've seen, but they still call me a 'hoarder'. What the heck?
Well, we have to separate Hoarder from an over the top hobbyist. I thought my count was impressive at 270ish, and most people get big eyed when i tell them that. Even my assistant manager giggles at that when i tell him how many, be it that when i first started at my job i said 3 was enough and always admired his collection of 35 or so. but there's something to be said about someone who can take care of and maintain things at a level where 1000+ is no sweat. Hoarder is a big word to be used, and most people dont even know the definition of the word.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Man...Anastasia's collection makes my 117 looks like crap!(goes and weeps like a school girl):8o

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, we have to separate Hoarder from an over the top hobbyist. I thought my count was impressive at 270ish, and most people get big eyed when i tell them that. Even my assistant manager giggles at that when i tell him how many, be it that when i first started at my job i said 3 was enough and always admired his collection of 35 or so. but there's something to be said about someone who can take care of and maintain things at a level where 1000+ is no sweat. Hoarder is a big word to be used, and most people dont even know the definition of the word.
I completely agree. I have no trouble providing care for my T's, and so I really don't think they have the right to refer to me as such.

When I think of a 'hoarder', I see a throng of scattered, hungry animals being neglected. Not an organized shelf of labeled, properly enclosed tarantulas who all get fed and watered and temperature/humidity monitored.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tarantulas aren't like other pets anyways. They only have basic needs like food & water.

They don't need to be walked, groomed, social needs, taken to the vet, etc etc. Someone with 1,000 Ts can handle their care needs better then someone with 100 dogs.