How Many Ts did you have in your first six months in the hobby?

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Just wondering how many Ts you had in your first six months in the hobby ? I sure I've gone abit as ive gone into double figure already lol .

user 666

Arachnobaron
For many years I jut had one or two Ts.

Then about 6 months ago I discovered the joy of owning young and cheap Ts.

I now have around 4 dozen.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
One.. I didn't start collecting heavy untill about six years after the first one..

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One.

I have found there's a lot of new people that collect them like Skittles early on without ever really learning about the first one they own to begin with, esp. learning its behavior. That's not all new people, but I've observed a lot of people do that, next thing you know they have husbandry problems that are spread across their entire collection and come to the board asking "why"....

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Just wondering how many Ts you had in your first six months in the hobby ? I sure I've gone abit as ive gone into double figure already lol .
by the end of the first 6 months?
4, some hardy new world terrestrials and an arboreal, all decently sized as my firsts. i didn't trust my self with slings until after my first year collecting.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Not even 6 months for me yet it's... a little over 2 months, maybe 3 by now. 13 lol

Have no interest in most species though so I suspect it won't get crazy high. Unless there's a species or two that works particularly well for me, in that case would like multiples of it probably.

boina

Lady of the mites
3 - I had three Brachypelmas for the first year before I decided I needed more.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Tanner Dzula

Ah ah, why the 'optimistic' rate my man? You don't believe me? Happened :)

Me, bro, and a couple of friends reached Milano (the Internet didn't existed back then, so no online T's parcel at home) and purchased from a breeder/seller (a lot of those, back then, were shop owners) a G.rosea, an A.avicularia and two Scorpiones.

In the train, returning home, we scared the poop out of other passengers, depicting those inverts like venomous-deadly... and for distract our parents, at home (while me and a friend hide the enclosures) bro and the other friend told to our family that an heroin junkie wanted to bribe us, ah ah ah.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
After being gone form the hobby, firs time pre internet (late70's- early 90's) I discovered just how easy it was to get SOOO Many different species and went to over a 100 in 6 months. Been back just over 2 years and had as high as 190 now at 122. I love to grow the slings and watch the changes they go through. Half of my collection is slings/juvies.

Last edited:

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
@Tanner Dzula

Ah ah, why the 'optimistic' rate my man? You don't believe me? Happened :)

Me, bro, and a couple of friends reached Milano (the Internet didn't existed back then, so no online T's parcel at home) and purchased from a breeder/seller (a lot of those, back then, were shop owners) a G.rosea, an A.avicularia and two Scorpiones.

In the train, returning home, we scared the poop out of other passengers, depicting those inverts like venomous-deadly... and for distract our parents, at home (while me and a friend hide the enclosures) bro and the other friend told to our family that an heroin junkie wanted to bribe us, ah ah ah.
i totally believe you, i rated it optomistic, as one day, i hope to be able to look back at my first T's and scorpions, the same nostalgic way that you do with yours in the 90's. the main difference was our firsts have been separated by about 2 decades of course :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
i totally believe you, i rated it optomistic, as one day, i hope to be able to look back at my first T's and scorpions, the same nostalgic way that you do with yours in the 90's. the main difference was our firsts have been separated by about 2 decades of course :)
:kiss: Yes! It's good to be old and nostalgic, life starts at 40 my man, and that's awesome :-s

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I had six or seven in my first six months. Got rid of them and regretted it, now I'm starting over with a couple baboons; C. darlingi and P. muinus :x