How many millipedes per gallon?

MDlife

Arachnopeon
I just ordered 25 bumblebee millipedes that should be here in a couple days. Im thinking a 10g?

I cant really find much online. I want to maximize baby production for my store.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The title of this thread should be avoided when just giving it a brief glance pre coffee. Same goes for hamster horsepower.

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
I just ordered 25 bumblebee millipedes that should be here in a couple days. Im thinking a 10g?

I cant really find much online. I want to maximize baby production for my store.
10 gallons is plenty large enough for 25 Anadenobolus monilicornis "Bumble Bee Millipedes".
Make sure they can't get out also. I made the mistake of using a 10 gallon with a regular screen lid just to find out the babies can climb the silicone in the corners and get out. Now almost all my other tanks are infested with them.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Just for perspective, I’ve kept 50+ adults and large juveniles with several hundred babies in a container around the size of a gallon. It’s not like fish keeping, it comes down to being able to provide enough food in a given enclosure without too much evaporation. I would recommend downsizing to something half to a fourth the size of a ten gallon for only 25 specimens of such a small species.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

princeharkonnen

Arachnopeon
10 gallons is plenty large enough for 25 Anadenobolus monilicornis "Bumble Bee Millipedes".
Make sure they can't get out also. I made the mistake of using a 10 gallon with a regular screen lid just to find out the babies can climb the silicone in the corners and get out. Now almost all my other tanks are infested with them.
Honestly that's pretty cute. They's so small and delightful.