Answered How many members on each state/ country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
Is it possible to know how many members (active) are there on a given state or country at any given time?

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
Indeed, could be fun. It could get even a bit competitive if we add to that the 'Most' categories, not sure everyone would be thrown off by that. I thought would be neat to see the demographics of arachnolovers and how dynamic we are as community

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
What about simply members by state / country of origin? I mean, some of this info is already on every profile. Unless this is stated confidential of course. In fact, in any case it could be of any help with programming I would be more than delighted to do so. I am experienced using SQL database / Python and some Java scripting ;)

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
While we appreciate your offer, it is not necessary. But thank you anyway. :)

Debby

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Unfortunately it can not be done. Sorry. :(

Debby
Is there any development for a mobile app as that's all I use now I've not owned a desktop or laptop pc for over 10 years and haven't owned a tablet with desktop views and functions in the last 3 with development in android and mac they are slowly but surely becoming obsolete

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Is there any development for a mobile app as that's all I use now I've not owned a desktop or laptop pc for over 10 years and haven't owned a tablet with desktop views and functions in the last 3 with development in android and mac they are slowly but surely becoming obsolete
The website is mobile friendly.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Yes I know this as that's what I'm using and I don't have any issues at all but I do use my browser for other stuff so a dedicated app would be ideal just putting it out there lol feel free to do with the idea as you wish(please make an app)

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
I beg to differ, apps are designed for mobiles specifically and resize icons etc to make users life easy. Websites are just compatible but is a far stretch to say a website undoes the advantages of an app.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I beg to differ, apps are designed for mobiles specifically and resize icons etc to make users life easy. Websites are just compatible but is a far stretch to say a website undoes the advantages of an app.
However, apps often come with a variety of undesirable, privacy-invading permissions -- not to mention annoying ads that may or may not make use of personal information on your phone. Sometimes it's nice to be able to just browse a Web site.

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
I dont think at all this a problem of apps or phones. Likewise with websides one can have pop-ups, etc. Not to mention posting and seing youtube videos as single example of the case. And setting on the web-browser may or not take care of that. Ads are everywhere and is for Admin to manage how much of them to have, or not to have imho. Of course, free apps normaly compensate the premium advantages by incorporating these ads. This of course the deal in progress and capitalism. If there wasn't demand there wouldn't be an offer.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
The website is mobile friendly, as I mentioned before. An app is not necessary and is not going to happen. There is absolutely no need for it. If you feel this website is not mobile friendly, well then you're doing it wrong. ;)

Debby

Status
Not open for further replies.