How many deaths have you had?

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been raising tarantulas for 8 years and I've had 6 deaths... the most recent being the most heartbreaking. The following is a list of tarantulas I've lost through-out the years:

Sericopelma rubronitens adult female. My third T, approximately 15-18 years old.

Grammastola rosea ultimate male.

Pterinochilus murinus ultimate male

Avicularia avicularia .5 inch sling unknown cause of death

Heteroscodra maculata .5 inch sling unknown cause of death

Haplopelma lividum ultimate male. My first T, bought as a female for $75 and died 6 months later

I have taken into consideration that I've never raised an eggsac, and when you get into doing that your mortality rate is going to be higher. I have successfully raised approximately 30 species of tarantulas now.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a hard time with Avics...living in the desert it's very hard to keep their habitat as it should be with no issues.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got my first tarantula less than 2 years ago. I have lost 2 tarantulas. The first one I lost was a G. pulchripes sling due to DKS (He was my favorite tarantula:() and another was an avic avic who was very lathargic and I found him hanging upside down and he was like that for a week before I came to the conclusion he was going to molt but never started.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been keeping Ts for one year, only one death. It was an A. versicolor that just suddenly died.

Arachnos

Arachnopeon
I have lost 4 since I started the hobby about 15 years ago. I have only been seriously collecting with multipes T's of multiple species for about 9 years.

2 G. rosea due to old age I am assuming. 1 MM and a female between 18-20.
A P. murinus due to molt problems, but it was also old.
A A. avicularia that a roomate thought would be fun to pick up and being scared dropped it when I was not home.(Kicked him out the next day)

I have tried my hardest to select only females for thier longevity and I never got into breeding. Probably why I have such low fatality rates. Also because I treat them like my babies and I take it very personnal when something in my care is neglected. {D

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Avicularia metallica ("Pinky")-adult female. My second T. Cause of death: unclear, but likely old age.

Hysterocrates gigas ("Adama")-sub-adult. Cause of death: unclear.

Aphonopelma seemanni ("Lydia")-adult female. Cause of death: shipping accident (tried to sell her to someone else, evidently I didn't pack her as well as I thought. Hated myself for it).

Ceratogyrus bechuanicus ("Sara")-juvenile female (I think). Cause of death: unclear.

Ceratogyrus brachycephalus ("Sara II")-juvenile female. Cause of death: also unclear.

Unnamed OBT juvenile-Cause of death: bad molt.

I think that's all of them. I hope they all RIP.

Drakk

Arachnosquire
Ive been keeping T's about 12 years give or take and ive lost only males before i knew better than to buy them and those ive used for breeding...i liked the hooks I still like them.
Ive had 4 MM T's die natural so i assume deaths in my care.