How many can live comfortably?

Atlantis

Arachnopeon
I want to get a few anoles, house geckos and tree frogs together. I know its a massive controversial topic and I've decided i do want to do it after much readings and research. I was thinking of a 40 gallon to house these three species. I just wanted to know how many of each? My initial thoughts were a single female anole, 3 or 4 house geckos, and three or 4 tree frogs. I wanted the green tree frog and a brown female anole color wise. They all have similar habitation and the two geckos come out during the different time of the day.
Is this amount comfortable for them?
Is there better pairings then these three species?
Thank you all ahead of time.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Sounds like a completely terrible idea.

Have you kept house geckos before?
Anoles?
Tree frogs?

Your best path to success is to research A SPECIES and keep A SPECIES for quite awhile to learn it's husbandry. Mixing animals sounds fun and exciting but it rarely provides ANY benefit for the animals.

The answer to "how many can live comfortably?" given your current plan is "zero". None of them will be comfortable.

Atlantis

Arachnopeon
Anoles and tree frogs work great together. House geckos and tree frogs work great together. Its been done thousands of times. Anoles and house geckos can also go together. Like I said it's controversial. Some people say itd fine others say no. And for the ones who say yes I'm asking how many of each.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Anoles and tree frogs work great together. House geckos and tree frogs work great together. Its been done thousands of times. Anoles and house geckos can also go together. Like I said it's controversial. Some people say itd fine others say no. And for the ones who say yes I'm asking how many of each.
They work "great" together? Sources for that statement? Evidence?
You still didn't answer the questions about have you kept any of these species before...

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Now entering the thunder-dome!!! 6 anoles, 4 house geckos and 15 tree frogs.... let’s get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I say yes! The perfect number is zero of each, but a few of one.

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
I haven't kept anoles, but my friends that have say that they are pretty skittish and feisty, and get stressed pretty easily. I don't know about the other species, but I can't imagine anoles pairing well with the other things you mentioned. I can't say much about the other species and their housing requirements, but up to 9 animals in a 40gal sounds like a good way to cramp and stress out your animals.

Atlantis

Arachnopeon
I've kept anoles before aswell as house geckos. I haven't specifically kept tree frogs but I've kept other frogs.

Atlantis

Arachnopeon

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
I don't have much experience with reptiles, but I believe some geckos can live in a 10gal, as well as pacman frogs and tree frogs. If you want multiple animals in one enclosure, decays brown snakes could be an option. I highly recommend double checking all that, as I have very little first have experience with reptiles and amphibians.

Atlantis

Arachnopeon
I don't have much experience with reptiles, but I believe some geckos can live in a 10gal, as well as pacman frogs and tree frogs. If you want multiple animals in one enclosure, decays brown snakes could be an option. I highly recommend double checking all that, as I have very little first have experience with reptiles and amphibians.
Decays brown frogs with what? I really like house geckos and anoles aswell as tree frogs its why I wanted all three. Maybe I can half 3 10 gallons side by side with each of the species. If so how many of each? And I were to have 3 10s is there any other species any of you recommend?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I wouldn’t call myself an expert by any means. But I have kept herps for quite a few years, on and off. Reptiles in particular can get territorial. Add them to a confined space and you’re going to see mayhem. Can certain species co-habitat? Kinda. But in my opinion you really have to know what you’re doing. Not to knock on you, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m assuming you don’t have a ton of experience? I’ve never kept communal because I like my reptiles to live as stress free life as possible. But I feel like if you do enough research online. Specifically in reptile forums etc... the consensus will be to not do it. For various reasons.

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Decays brown snakes can be housed together similar to garters. In my personal opinion, anything under 10gal isn't an appropriate size for the vast majority of vertebrets. Keep in mind that I do have a fairly biased opinion. I believe that ribbon snakes may be able to live in a 10 or 15gal, but that might be pushing it a bit.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I want to get a few anoles, house geckos and tree frogs together. I know its a massive controversial topic and I've decided i do want to do it after much readings and research. I was thinking of a 40 gallon to house these three species. I just wanted to know how many of each? My initial thoughts were a single female anole, 3 or 4 house geckos, and three or 4 tree frogs. I wanted the green tree frog and a brown female anole color wise. They all have similar habitation and the two geckos come out during the different time of the day.
Is this amount comfortable for them?
Is there better pairings then these three species?
Thank you all ahead of time.
I think there’s more to consider here.

Are anoles found in the wild with house geckos? Last I knew they weren’t.

If true, why would you mix species together?

This has a recipe of bad things all over it.

Mixed species setups tend to do worse.

I don’t recommend it.

I’ve never mixed my herps or amphibians.

Atlantis

Arachnopeon
Yes I know thats why I'm asking for recommendations for separate 10 gallons. Last I checked all three of those species could stay in a 10 gallon separately.
Though if that is the case could I mix two same species together like grey tree frog with green tree frog or green and brown anole?

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Yes I know thats why I'm asking for recommendations for separate 10 gallons. Last I checked all three of those species could stay in a 10 gallon separately.
Though if that is the case could I mix two same species together like grey tree frog with green tree frog or green and brown anole?
Please stop keeping animals you don't understand. You don't have the basic husbandry down for any of these animals.
Split a 10 gallon tank? Really? Anoles and geckos are reptiles. Which means they thermoregulate constantly by moving from a warm side of an enclosure to the cool side and back again. You cannot provide a thermal gradient in a ten gallon tank and you certainly can't accomplish it in a 10 gallon tank divided in half.
Please get a dog.

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Yes! I have seen a couple animals kept in a 10gal, but it's definitely a less than ideal set up, and I can't imagine how anything other than a flowerpot snake would survive, much less thrive in that size.

Atlantis

Arachnopeon
Please stop keeping animals you don't understand. You don't have the basic husbandry down for any of these animals.
Split a 10 gallon tank? Really? Anoles and geckos are reptiles. Which means they thermoregulate constantly by moving from a warm side of an enclosure to the cool side and back again. You cannot provide a thermal gradient in a ten gallon tank and you certainly can't accomplish it in a 10 gallon tank divided in half.
Please get a dog.
I said 3 SEPARATE 10 GALLONS. meaning 1 2 3 10 gallons side by side. Please read what I say first before saying something. And 10 gallons are very adequate for house geckos and tree frogs. I don't know about anoles because they are so active but mayb another type of reptile.