How long?

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hi. @EulersK where are you? I did your suggestion of crumpling up a small piece of paper to give to my MF Aphonopelma chalcodes. For a week she ignored it.
Now for a week she's got it in her clutches, and I'm not crazy enough, even with tweezers, to get in there to take it out.
How do I take it out? Should I just leave it with her? She's shredded on edge so I thought I'd take it out to clean.
She's real broody, and has refused food since I got her last year. I know that she'll not eat now.
Can't quite get a pic.
Thanks.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Why would you want to remove it? That was the whole point of putting it in there! I think it's adorable :rofl:

If you're really worried, next time, offer a ping pong ball. I've just found that tarantulas enjoy paper more.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Got it....thought you meant it would eat the paper toy LOL
Her adult female A. chalcodes is in premolt and very moody to boot
She's not that moody, she just looks intense. Seriously, the way she's got at least 4 legs wrapped around that paper, and her beady little eyes peering over the top:eek:.
@EulersK. I will take your advice and leave the paper ball. She really does look adorable...in a vampyre type of way.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi. @EulersK where are you? I did your suggestion of crumpling up a small piece of paper to give to my MF Aphonopelma chalcodes. For a week she ignored it.
Now for a week she's got it in her clutches, and I'm not crazy enough, even with tweezers, to get in there to take it out.
How do I take it out? Should I just leave it with her? She's shredded on edge so I thought I'd take it out to clean.
She's real broody, and has refused food since I got her last year. I know that she'll not eat now.
Can't quite get a pic.
Thanks.
First you give your pet a toy, then you want to take it out once she shows interest in it. Man, what sadistic behavioral experiments are you doing over there? ;)