How long?

El Pistolero GL

Arachnopeon
How long are T's in premolt for? I have a G. rosea and I'm pretty sure she's been in premolt her whole life :(

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Patience,you are a G.rosea owner and you will need patience.While your waiting you could write a book,then swim the English Chanel.Circumnavigate the globe in a kayak,climb the Himalayas.Then come back and check.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
mine was in premolt for about 2 and a half months and it only stopped eating the last 3 weeks of it. It was taking so long that i actually forgot about it untill one evening she was on her back and i was like "Ohh yea she was in premolt!"

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
-.- ya with roseas it is the slowest process EVER!!!!!!! I have a female who has been in premolt for around 6 months lmao {D

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My girl had been in premolt for about 5 months. She molted over the weekend.

Like everyone else has said... patience!

Ashphetamine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Patience,you are a G.rosea owner and you will need patience.While your waiting you could write a book,then swim the English Chanel.Circumnavigate the globe in a kayak,climb the Himalayas.Then come back and check.
Roflmao.
I'll have to try this-- Been waiting on my lady's molt as well. :))

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately it takes as long as it takes, anything between 3 to 6 months... but think about how happy you'll be when she finally does molt.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some mix fasting with premolt. Spider can fast for few months or even a year or so. Premolt begins, when spiders abdomen darkens and takes few hours or days or a month to molt.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why are you saying she is in premolt? Just curious, because G. rosea have been known to fast for over 2 years before and I wouldn't call that entire time premolt. Some people run into a long fast due to excessive feeding, not saying that you do, but it happens. 1-3 feedings a month is good for this species, and I mean a 1-2 crickets for those feedings, not 5 or 6. The thing about tarantulas is that you can't think day to day like people time, it is molt to molt in spider time; which requires patience from those of us that are eager to see a new suit of clothes!;)

El Pistolero GL

Arachnopeon
Why are you saying she is in premolt? Just curious, because G. rosea have been known to fast for over 2 years before and I wouldn't call that entire time premolt. Some people run into a long fast due to excessive feeding, not saying that you do, but it happens. 1-3 feedings a month is good for this species, and I mean a 1-2 crickets for those feedings, not 5 or 6. The thing about tarantulas is that you can't think day to day like people time, it is molt to molt in spider time; which requires patience from those of us that are eager to see a new suit of clothes!;)
Because she has never fasted before and her abdomen is pitch dark black. Plus she has never been lathargic and she is now :(

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well if it has a bald spot and you can see the abdomen under the hair and it is pitch black, then you have a molt coming up most definitely.

SK8TERBOI

Arachnopeon
I had a G rosea. she had a dark black bald spot for 9 Months and i remember thinking hmmm anyday now and ya was i in for a surprise in short they can take forever to molt I have a G Pulchra doing the same right now for the last 2 months