How long until slings...

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How long do you wait until you send out or sell your slings? I searched but found random topics about cross-breeding and etc. Thanks.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Most people hold onto them till 2nd or 3rd instar. Meaning 2-3 molts. I personally never ship anything under 2nd instar. I like to feed them on my own a bit and get them nice and happy before shipping them to their new home.
But there have been times where I needed to send tons of slings to one person in a 50/50 breeders loan, and I just kept them all together at 2nd instar and sent them out.

bokgrasul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Please, tell me what you feed them when they are so small??
I received today around 60 slings, and honestly, I don't know what to feed them..... :8o
I am able to get to the forest every day, and I can find meal worms but no crickets...
In my country are no specialized stores and breeders, so I imported them (slings) from Hungary . But I did't realized they are so small.
I have now meal worms, giant worms and super worms. These I feed to my geckos and my older tarantulas... Can I improvise something??
To be more specific and honest, I don't have experience with slings....
These is one of them, just arrived 2 hours ago.. :

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well you can take those meal worms and cut them into sections and drop pieces in with the slings. Slings are not to picky and they will eat things that are already killed for them. Typically with slings that small if you get them to eat one big meal that will give them enough food to make it to the next molt. And every molt you get the easier it is to feed them because then they start to kill things on their own and you can offer bigger prey...........

Are all the slings of one species? And what species is it that you have?

Diva Satanica

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My B. vagan is about the size of the sling in the pic.......I just pre-kill pinhead crickets and he/she takes it just fine.........

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never had a problem with small slings taking pre-killed pieces of food. Can you get fruitflies?

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
bokgrasul,

I use termites, 2-3mm size, better than fruiflies. Although, I'm not sure if you have termites in the woods.