How long until my scorp will molt?

doubledown

Arachnopeon
Hi all, new here...

A while back I bought 3 B. Jacksoni. I think they were at 2nd Instar when I got them, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, I have them in separate small kritter keepers. The substrate is coco fiber (I keep part moist, and the other part only a little moist). There is a piece of cork bark they can hide under and climb on. I will try to get some pics soon.

Right now two have molted, but it has been a week after they molted and the 3rd hasn't molted. Prior to molting, they had all been fed the same amount. Will the 3rd scorp molt soon? Is there a way to tell if he will molt soon? He won't eat a cricket that I put in, so I'm hoping this is a sign.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they'll look a little chunky and you'll be able to see the plates of the new exoskeleton in between her current ones if you look closely. Are you keeping them at different tempetures. I wouldn't worry I had 2 L.q that would molt together untill their last one in which they were a month apart.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I bought five B. jacksoni in May, and so far only four have molted. It could be a few months if it doesn't look pre-moltish.

scorpionguy

Arachnopeon
sometimes these little guys can take a while to grow . wait until your specimen is very fat then crank the heat up to 90 degrees or so for a couple days. just make sure to keep the enclosure a little moist at all times. this could help in enducing a molt.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some of mine went from 2nd to 4th instar in 6 weeks. but then again i keep them at 90F+ ;)

doubledown

Arachnopeon
Thanks for info all. I suppose I may need to look around at heating options. Right now they are just at same temp, room temperature, which ranges between 75-90 depending on what the outside temp is like.

But I'll need to get heating before this fall/winter anyways. Can someone suggest a good method of heating the setup I currently have (see pics)? I may have to move them to a sturdy table to clamp a lamp on. Or would something like putting a heating pad underneath the kritter keeper be better? When they get bigger, I will be putting them all into one aquarium.

Here's a pic of one of the scorps that molted

This is a bad pic, but apparently he likes to hang from the top while he eats :confused:

and here are two pics of the scorp that hasn't molted yet:

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That first one looks like a mature male to me (Tabor, correct me if I'm wrong :)).

Can you get a picture from above of the last one that hasn't molted? Something looks . . . wrong . . . with its prosoma.

doubledown

Arachnopeon
That first one looks like a mature male to me (Tabor, correct me if I'm wrong :)).

Can you get a picture from above of the last one that hasn't molted? Something looks . . . wrong . . . with its prosoma.
Here is a pic from above. You are right, something does look odd:

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It might just be me, but the tergites look to be...excuse my french.... <edit> up!

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The one with the wonky tergites looks like another mature male, judging by the pedipalps -- it may not molt anymore anyway.

Aside from whatever it is that's wrong with it, does it seem to act healthy? They only other place I've seen anything like that was on someone's hissing cockroach a few months ago. :?