How long to wait.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As some of you know my female B. Vagans molted monday. Well When should I offer her food? I know the rule of thumb is the longer the better but I want to be sure I get a good breeding in before my male dies. By no means do I want to put my female at risk by breaking a fang but shouldn't she be good and hard now?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As some of you know my female B. Vagans molted monday. Well When should I offer her food? I know the rule of thumb is the longer the better but I want to be sure I get a good breeding in before my male dies. By no means do I want to put my female at risk by breaking a fang but shouldn't she be good and hard now?

I'd say wait around 2 weeks, then feed her, and breed her at the 3rd or 4th week. Like I said in your other thread, good luck with the breeding.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Molted on monday, today is thursday I'd wait until at least sunday....wait its an adult female..sorry yea wait a few weeks.

Last edited:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah, two weeks befor you feed with an adult female - just to be on the sure side. then feed her every day until she is pretty fat and/or refuses more prey. then you can mate her, good luck :D

btw: brachy males can live up to two years after their final molt - it's not like he's going to drop dead tomorrow. and if he is, chances are he's too old to breed anyway. but usually they can breed until it goes steeply downwards (tiny abdomen, dropping legs, no longer looking for a female,...)