How long have you been keeping tarantulas?

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Your reluctance to believe I will take as a compliment! :angelic:

Edit: I just didn't dare say first my first was a pokie lest I get lambasted with the "start with the New Worlds" cliches. Those are incredibly annoying btw. :D

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Your reluctance to believe I will take as a compliment! :angelic:

Edit: I just didn't dare say first my first was a pokie lest I get lambasted with the "start with the New Worlds" cliches. Those are incredibly annoying btw. :D
:troll:

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
Got my 1st tarantula in December 2016. She is a pretty A. Avic.

I'm not sure how many I have now because I haven't counted and most are slings anyways. I have 2 subadults and maybe 6 juvies (and many slings).

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Apparently he's not trolling. Just Another beginner disregarding experienced keepers and buying a ow.
Ah another renegade... Too bad Toxoderidae doesn't stop by much anymore. His soul purpose in life was slaying Necromancers.. He was a 115lb pitbull wearing human clothes..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ah another renegade... Too bad Toxoderidae doesn't stop by much anymore. His soul purpose in life was slaying Necromancers.. He was a 115lb pitbull wearing human clothes..
Ah, yes. Toxoderidae.. I worry about that boy sometimes, seeing his ig posts.

Those were the good ol' days for sure.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah as I've said in another thread Toxoderidae and Venom1080 cracked me up when 'necromancers' were involved :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ah, yes. Toxoderidae.. I worry about that boy sometimes, seeing his ig posts.
Lol .. Yea je's takes life too seriously.. Some times you have to say screw it and rock out with yo.. "Cough" A'hem.. Well being a family friendly sight and all ;)...He'll be ok.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I can also come back in year or so and post a picture of my Poecilotheria metallica all fully grown and thriving. No finger tagged, no appendage mangled. Do try and search of any thread I have posted on how to keep Pokies like 99.99% of novice keepers out there. I might not have the experience like you guys have, but I wouldve read a book or two about them by now. I think that's it. Nothing more to say. I take no offense. I understand and fully admire the sentiment and care you have for the animals.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I, as a salty one month veteran, am personally encouraged by this thread as I was under the impression that most here were grand old folks of T keeping. Seems like a good number of us are rookies. Or, we are the only ones who respond to such queries. So, if that's the case "old guys" keep it to yourselves and don't dash me.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Lol .. Yea je's takes life too seriously.. Some times you have to say screw it and rock out with yo.. "Cough" A'hem.. Well being a family friendly sight and all ;)...He'll be ok.
Agreed. He needs to post more spider pics too. ;)

@FrDoc Whos bashing you?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I can also come back in year or so and post a picture of my Poecilotheria metallica all fully grown and thriving. No finger tagged, no appendage mangled. Do try and search of any thread I have posted on how to keep Pokies like 99.99% of novice keepers out there. I might not have the experience like you guys have, but I wouldve read a book or two about them by now. I think that's it. Nothing more to say. I take no offense. I understand and fully admire the sentiment and care you have for the animals.
I'm just picking on you because that's what I do.. I mean we all have to have a purpose in life bro.. Ya gotta..:dead:

It's your call if you want to jump straight into the deep end of Theraphosids.. IME it usually doesn't end well and not ending well really could have a negative effect on all of us.. It's far fetched but possible.

The media and various branches of the government fabricate alot of there own story's to push there own agenda's. If they want Arachnoculture to disapear they don't need a person to be bitten, They just have to say it happened. That will get the ball rolling fast enough.

If you understand the risks and act responsibly it's likely you will be the only one that gets hurt and frankly, I don't care.. It's your body do with it as you please. Just make sure the spider can't escape and burt a neighbor or anyone else that isn't willing to take that risk.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I, as a salty one month veteran, am personally encouraged by this thread as I was under the impression that most here were grand old folks of T keeping. Seems like a good number of us are rookies. Or, we are the only ones who respond to such queries. So, if that's the case "old guys" keep it to yourselves and don't dash me.
Lol.. That's cute