Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

How long have you been keeping tarantulas?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by RyanW, Oct 18, 2011.

1. RyanW

RyanW Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I have been keeping tarantulas for a while but not in large numbers. I have always had one or two because I keep and breed a large number of reptiles, and in all honesty they are not a very demanding pet. It has only been over the past year that I really jumped head first into keeping a large number of tarantulas. This seems to be a trend in this hobby. How long have you been keeping tarantulas?

Ryan

Salmon.JPG
    Salmon Pinks about to get down

2. I have been keeping tarantulas for a grand total of 9 days. And have enjoyed almost very single day of it.

3. Since April Fool's Day this year.

4. Spiderman24

Spiderman24 Arachnoknight

I have beem.keeping for 6 years

5. Scoolman

Scoolman Arachnolord

2 years this December

6. boxofsorrows

boxofsorrows Arachnopeon

Just since the summer this year and I'm already at 21 T's a lot of which are slings, the rest juvenile/sub-adult. They're fascinating, enjoyable and very addictive!

7. Ludedor24

Ludedor24 FangzTv Arachnosupporter

NJ
    about a week so far haha

8. 15 months :) and I'm totally addicted.

9. Walk Alone

Walk Alone Arachnosquire

N/A
    I dunno. Eight years or so? I'm old.

10. ImDeadly

ImDeadly Arachnosquire

I inherited a 14yr old G. rosea 3 wks ago and now I have a B. smithi. Hobby gets you quick. So 3 wks for me.

11. A month here. Wish I'd have started sooner, this is a very rewarding and enjoyable hobby, although I don't like to think of it as a hobby. I tend to think of it as an experience to learn and care for one of the most interesting, and beautiful creatures walking, or climbing this wonderful world.

12. ranchulas

ranchulas Arachnobaron

About 4.5 years for me.

13. Ran

Ran Arachnoknight

CA
    Since the early 70's....yeah, I'm an old fart! But, I now care for 15 T's...the most I've ever had.

14. RyanW

RyanW Arachnosquire

I have had them off and on since 1992. That feels better than saying 19 years. I got my first Rose Hair in 5th grade.

I forgot to put that in the original post.

15. Crysta

Crysta Arachnoprince Old Timer

8 years, with 5 years being mostly rosehair, centipedes and native spiders.

16. Smaughunter

Smaughunter Arachnopeon

Three years for me; with just one tarantula for the first 6 or 7 months.

17. TB3Redneck

TB3Redneck Arachnosquire

I've been keeping them since June 18 last summer :D I've got 12 right now, but im always looking for more ;)

18. JasonCrowl

JasonCrowl Arachnosquire

Have had T's since 1992. VERY addictive, and own 13 now, no room for more.....Absolutely love the hobby.

19. catfishrod69

catfishrod69 Arachnoemperor

i kept them off and on since 1999, and 2 years ago i really plunged in, and now im a little over 100 T's, and many many more to come..

20. Ben Oliver

Ben Oliver Arachnopeon

i have been keeping T's for about a year. but i had a avic avic about 15 years ago. i have 7 T's now. 2 G. pulchripes sling and MF, L.p. 3/8 sling, obt sling about 1.5", H. lividum 2", avic avic 3", and a G. rosea 2"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.