How long for slings to settle in?

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
I got my OBT 12 hours ago and its still hanging out on the walls, I've had quite a lot of Ts in my time but most usually settled in within a few hours or instantly as was the case with my b boehmei and h himalayana.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It can take a few weeks for things to fully settle in depending on size. For a sling give it a few days to a week. No need to stress

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Twelve hours for a tarantula is nothing; these things can take months to settle in.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got my OBT 12 hours ago and its still hanging out on the walls, I've had quite a lot of Ts in my time but most usually settled in within a few hours or instantly as was the case with my b boehmei and h himalayana.
normal

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
really depends on the individual t all you can really do is just leave it to do its thing and not stress over things.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
18 years for Grammastolas. Then they'll finally be an adult and move out.

OBT: at least a year for them to grow up and get out of the house.

Last edited:

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
How do you feed them at that point? Some Ts arrive pretty thin and probably can't wont last long without food.
just leave a size appropiate chunk of meal worm or rip off an adult crickets back leg in with it over night then remove it the next morning repeat n a few days time again if the sling is really tiny you wont know if its even tried eating. but atleast you know the food is there for it even if you dont know its eating or not. sooner or later you will catch it in the act of eating

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
My OBT I got Wednesday and it barely settles in Friday. It hung out on the walls as well. I had put 3 inches of substrate and I did make a pinpoint on the corner for it to go in. Friday morning it had already gone in there and webbed up the thing. Then I went to get dubias for it and during the feeding it got defensive and I just tossed the roach near the web and it got it after 5 minutes when it realized I was tossing food. Oh and I got bit by it the day I got it when I was rehousing. So….. doubt they take that long. 😂

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
My OBT I got Wednesday and it barely settles in Friday. It hung out on the walls as well. I had put 3 inches of substrate and I did make a pinpoint on the corner for it to go in. Friday morning it had already gone in there and webbed up the thing. Then I went to get dubias for it and during the feeding it got defensive and I just tossed the roach near the web and it got it after 5 minutes when it realized I was tossing food. Oh and I got bit by it the day I got it when I was rehousing. So….. doubt they take that long. 😂
Mine ended up making a burrow, webbed and ate a super worm a few hours after I made this post but I don't think it likes super worms as much as my other Ts.

Also how did you get bit? I just crack the lid open a little with my Ts and drop in the food and remove any unneaten food with tweazers.

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
I had barely gotten it that day and was putting it into its permanent enclosure. Everything was going fine. It went in. I was like sweet. That wasn’t hard. Then as I was putting the lid on that demon bolted. I have cats. I was trying to put it back into the container it came in with tongs. It wouldn’t budge abd the stupid cats were trying to get at it. So I was like dammit if it makes a run I won’t be able to get it and it’s gonna go where I can’t get to it. So I used my hands. And I didn’t realize I got bit until after I put it in it’s enclosure. I guess from the rush. But I sucked most of the venom out. I started feeling the pulse and saw the fang marks on my thumb. In the night I was getting the muscle spasms and slight headache but it went away my guess is cuz I was sucking on my thumb until a lot of blood came out.

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
I had barely gotten it that day and was putting it into its permanent enclosure. Everything was going fine. It went in. I was like sweet. That wasn’t hard. Then as I was putting the lid on that demon bolted. I have cats. I was trying to put it back into the container it came in with tongs. It wouldn’t budge abd the stupid cats were trying to get at it. So I was like dammit if it makes a run I won’t be able to get it and it’s gonna go where I can’t get to it. So I used my hands. And I didn’t realize I got bit until after I put it in it’s enclosure. I guess from the rush. But I sucked most of the venom out. I started feeling the pulse and saw the fang marks on my thumb. In the night I was getting the muscle spasms and slight headache but it went away my guess is cuz I was sucking on my thumb until a lot of blood came out.
You should probably unpack them in a bathroom next time.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
i have cat also for myself i find it safest/easiest to just lock her into my bedroom anytime i need to work with my ts