How long does it take gbb male to hook out?

Spookyspoder

Arachnopeon
So I’ve had my gbb for about 4 years and 2 months? Raised the little thing since it was the size of my fingernail! But I’ve been looking at him/her and realizing, he/she is very leggy, but then again, I’ve had him/her for so long there’s no way it can be male..can it? Sorry if this is a “dumb question” just curious

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
do you have a molt laying around?

Spookyspoder

Arachnopeon
Oh I forgot to mention that, every single time this dude molts it always destroys the thing. Terrible with molts. All twisted, shredded, sometimes she rips them up. I don’t understand. Not even my arboreals are as bad with twisting their molt

Maybe it’s because he knows it’ll break my heart to find out the truth lol. Second t , first t I’ve raised from sling 😂

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Provide a picture as it will help way more than describing.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Hard to make out any helpful structures other than no pedipalp. If it is male that was kept warm and feed a lot definitely should be mature These abdomens are just so dark hard to be sure. I had one that I wasn’t able to sex til around 2 years (4-5”) or so and that’s only because I got the molt immediately after molting

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Took my female about 3 years to reach adult size, tarantulas generally look skinny/leggy right after a moult and C. cyaneopubescens are slightly more slender in build than typical terrestrials anyway so that's normal.

Not the best pic and this species is a pain in the arse to vent sex so all I can tell you from that is that it's not a mature male

Spookyspoder

Arachnopeon
see I know it’s not a mature male, and I live in Arizona so regardless it’s pretty warm here, even with ac blowing, and I feed her weekly, 2 crickets at a time, because as we know, Gbbs are monsters when comes to feeding, I was just thinking, it has been way to long for her to be a male, there’s no way 4 years and some change that he wouldn’t be mature already, idk maybe I’m wrong, just thought I’d ask if it was safe to assume it was female since I’ve had her for so long and still hasn’t hooked out

Spookyspoder

Arachnopeon
Who knows, maybe next molt it’ll hook out, really hoping not, and plus he’s already like 4-5 inches

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
I’ve had him/her for so long there’s no way it can be male..can it?
Yes, it can be a male. Even though males live less than females, and can also reach maturity faster, this is not a "universal rule", sometimes, there are exceptions. An example I can give you is my X. immanis, a 10yrs old, still immature male.

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
Yes, it can be a male. Even though males live less than females, and can also reach maturity faster, this is not a "universal rule", sometimes, there are exceptions. An example I can give you is my X. immanis, a 10yrs old, still immature male.
I don't mean to start a fight, but 10 years on a X. immanis and you are saying it's an immature male? Are you certain?

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
I don't mean to start a fight, but 10 years on a X. immanis and you are saying it's an immature male? Are you certain?
Checked his exuviae looking for spermathecae 5x already, there's nothing there. I believe he will mature next time he molts.

Haha, I can disagree with lots people in the internet, but I'll never start (or continue) a fight, you can chill about this. :)

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
Checked his exuviae looking for spermathecae 5x already, there's nothing there. I believe he will mature next time he molts.

Haha, I can disagree with lots people in the internet, but I'll never start (or continue) a fight, you can chill about this. :)
Would have been cool if you documented this from sling till now, I am fairly sure that it's rare for a male to reach 10 years and still be immature for said species.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Would have been cool if you documented this from sling till now, I am fairly sure that it's rare for a male to reach 10 years and still be immature for said species.

I need to check my files, tbh. I lost lots of pictures 2x already, I dont remember if the oldest ones of his were lost too.