How long does it take for a T. Apophysis to molt

Lumiere14

Arachnopeon
mine, that I’ve had for 3 months, went into their hide and essentially shut the door. There was pre-molt behavior and my little one lives in a bio active where the temperature and humidity are closely monitored to make sure everything is good. She’s/he’s been in the hide for nearly 2 weeks
6F5AB2EA-CEFD-482B-9082-EACADB4C0841.jpeg

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Nobody can answer that, as each specimen operates on it's own unique time-line. It'll molt eventually, until then just be patient and make sure it has water available to drink.

Welcome to AB! Very cool enclosure.

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
It'll molt when it's ready.

If you really want to know - open the lid of the enclosure and ask it,"When are you gonna molt?" :troll:

Last edited:

DustyD

Arachnoknight
I had a G. pulchra go into hiding for six weeks and my G. pulchripes go in for about 4-5 weeks. Others have had theirs go in for a lot longer.

Your T may also be coming out at night or whenever it is dark.

Keep fresh water close.

Lumiere14

Arachnopeon
mine, that I’ve had for 3 months, went into their hide and essentially shut the door. There was pre-molt behavior and my little one lives in a bio active where the temperature and humidity are closely monitored to make sure everything is good. She’s/he’s been in the hide for nearly 2 weeks
View attachment 419690
Yes, they have a small water bowl right outside their hide. I refill every day. I made it small so I could see if the water level goes down.

It'll molt when it's ready.

If you really want to know - open the lid of the enclosure and ask it,"When are you gonna molt?" :troll:
I value my T’s privacy/my life, lol.

Nobody can answer that, as each specimen operates on it's own unique time-line. It'll molt eventually, until then just be patient and make sure it has water available to drink.

Welcome to AB! Very cool enclosure.
Thank you! I wanna make sure they’re happy. I have other Ts, but none as sensitive as the T. Apophysis so I just want to make sure I’m doing the right things.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It will molt when it’s ready to, likely not before that!