How long does it actually take a T to molt on average?

jeryst

Arachnopeon
My Chaco molted a couple of weeks ago. She walled herself up in her hide for two months, I peaked in on here occasionally, and when she molted, it took a whole day for her to get out and back on her feet.

My LP just molted two days ago and it was completely different. He flipped over on his back in the afternoon, and layed there for a couple of hours. Then he started to pull out of his old skin, and the whole thing was over in less than an hour.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sometimes it takes a few hours, and other times it can take an entire day or more.

Where in PA are you?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Georgie (A hentzi) took about 4-5 hours from the time we saw him flip to finished molt. Sitar (P regalis) on the other foot, took less than an hour. I've seen 3-4 hours on my other hentzis, but no one else molted yet to give you more info. I think it varies on species, size, enclosure, humidity...

Marga

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Both My Smithis took about 40 minutes to an hour from initial splitting to back on their feet. My P.Cambridgei molted in about 20 mins flat. Avics are really quick too, you pretty much blink and they have molted. Well mine anyway...