How long does a moult last?

jllobet

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosea is on her back since last night, it's been 8 hours and she hasn't made a move since. I hope she is not dead, I've only had her for aobut a month. Is this normal? how long should a moult last? :(

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It depends on the T's size. A young T can complete a molt in a couple of hours where an adult sized T could take a couple of days. Same for the recovery period. Adult T could take over a month before it's ready to eat again following a molt where a juvinile might only take a few days.

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
I agree, give them time. I would keep a watch though. I have had 2 of mine die mysteriously on their backs in the past. I could never figure out why though.

I am sure all will be well.

jllobet

Arachnopeon
Thank you so much for the answers guys, I'm a little more relieved now. I'm at work now and can't wait to get home and see what's going on. I increased the humidity before I left, I've read the terrarium shouldn't be too dry for a succesful molting, I hope I did the right thing.

jllobet

Arachnopeon
I'm so happy!! I came home to find my T out of her old exoskeleton, she is bigger and a darker color, and looks a lot more beautiful than before. {D {D {D