how long do premolts take?

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
wondering from all yall's experience. I think 2 of my Ts are in premolt because my OBT hasn't come out of its hide in a month and she used to come out and wander and I throw crickets in and she won't come out and eat. same with my P Regalis which also used to wander out of her hide.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
For the P.regalis and OBT I wouldn't expect a very long pre molt, although it could happen. I had my big female regalis not come out of her hide for about a month as well, I was thinking pre molt also, but when she finally did come out I got her to eat. They are skittish so they may just be hiding all day and only surfacing at night, not necessarily pre molt just yet.

Both are very fast growing species, especially the P.murinus. They tend to do things at an accelerated rate in comparison to other slow growing spp. If you have a large female it could still take a while before she does the deed, if your leaving the crickets in over night and they aren't disappearing then I'd also suspect pre molt. IME the OBTs I've kept would cover they're burrow entrances with thick webbing shortly before their molts.

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
For the P.regalis and OBT I wouldn't expect a very long pre molt, although it could happen. I had my big female regalis not come out of her hide for about a month as well, I was thinking pre molt also, but when she finally did come out I got her to eat. They are skittish so they may just be hiding all day and only surfacing at night, not necessarily pre molt just yet.

Both are very fast growing species, especially the P.murinus. They tend to do things at an accelerated rate in comparison to other slow growing spp. If you have a large female it could still take a while before she does the deed, if your leaving the crickets in over night and they aren't disappearing then I'd also suspect pre molt. IME the OBTs I've kept would cover they're burrow entrances with thick webbing shortly before their molts.
that's exactly what's Shes done.