How long can sling survive on a sealed box?

BrazilianBlack97

Arachnopeon
Im trying to get a sling or youngling but im not sure it would survive the trip to Brazil, what you guys think usa-brazil or eu-brazil can she make it?

i seen Petko from DarkDen getting them from sealed packages, no air circulation inside it, coming from all over the eu, i was wondering how long could it survive and could it survive a trip to Hueland (Brazil).

i have tried to look for a breeder/seller around here but no luck, people tell me to check Feira de Acari, its like a "not much legal" Rio street market, but i would never buy anything from people that takes wild animals from the nature to sell it and make profit, most of time they mistreat the animals and underfeed it, so if you happens to know a brazilian or south-american legit breeder let me know.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The real question you should be asking is not whether a properly-package sling could survive the trip (it should be ok, depending on how long it remained in transit) - but whether you can or should be importing it in the first place.

I do not know the laws of Brazil, but here in the US, permits and import licenses and inspections are required. Given how restrictive Brazil is about exporting tarantulas, it would not surprise me if they were similarly restrictive about imports.

You may be better off sourcing your tarantulas locally.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Im trying to get a sling or youngling but im not sure it would survive the trip to Brazil, what you guys think usa-brazil or eu-brazil can she make it?

i seen Petko from DarkDen getting them from sealed packages, no air circulation inside it, coming from all over the eu, i was wondering how long could it survive and could it survive a trip to Hueland (Brazil).

i have tried to look for a breeder/seller around here but no luck, people tell me to check Feira de Acari, its like a "not much legal" Rio street market, but i would never buy anything from people that takes wild animals from the nature to sell it and make profit, most of time they mistreat the animals and underfeed it, so if you happens to know a brazilian or south-american legit breeder let me know.
From what I’ve seen petko only gets shipments from Poland. Anyone outside of Poland usually orders from a Poland based breeder and has it shipped to the dark den.
Most companies have policies that they won’t ship outside the country of origin at all.

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly

You have some great tarantulas native to your country, I could spend years collecting :D:D , But I personally had some slings get lost in shipment here in the US for almost 2 weeks, and only had 2 out of 9 die. But I think they was just extremely lucky .

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I don't have an answer but if it's a "youngling", keep it away from Anakin Skywalker.