How long can a chaco stay underground?

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She buried herself over 2 months ago under a log and dirt.......I didn't know tarantulas were like bears! I miss my chaco, what's the longest any of your T's have stayed hidden?

BillyG

Arachnopeon
are you talk about chaco golden knee?well i don't know but my G.rosea and A.Avic almost NEVER get in the hide,but the others are staying in there like FOREVER! and my H.hainanum never digging one day of her life,but since I made an underground hole myself for her,she almost lock herself in ever since.if there's no problem with feeding them,then don't worry.

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
I HAVE A G. pulchripes AND SHE HAS A BORROW BUT SHE NEVER USES IT SHE IS ALWAYS OUT IN THE OPEN

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Last november, my G. pulchripes sealed herself in her hide and didn't come out until mid to end of January. She hasn't done it since, and molted out where I could see her with her last molt.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I haven't seen my juvie male Ornithoctonus aureotibialis in a year.

Cass

RowennaMyst

Arachnopeon
My two B. albopilosums take an annual sabbatical in their respective burrows for approximately two months every year, April-May. {D

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Glad to see my g. pulchripes is acting "normal". LOL. I never see my h. mac either - haven't seen him in months. I had a dream one night that he came out of hiding and was enormous.....I don't trust what he is doing behind closed doors.....