How long before rehoused T's settle down?

Simon83

Arachnosquire
I know this seems to be a bit of a touchy (no pun intended) subject but...

I've not held my chillean rose T yet but I tried to a couple of days ago...I opened up the top and did the prod test...and she went absolutely mental. She went up on her rear legs in what presumably was an intimidation, pre-attack pose. I'm *so* glad it was a pen I prodded her with and not my finger lol I tried again yesterday and again, pretty much the same reaction, she instantly started attacking it. I recently rehoused her (she's been in there about 2 weeks I think?) and so I don't know if she's just still settling down or she's having a bad day. When I first had her I would kind of poke her with my finger and she would just gently move along a bit. Is the prod test a good way of testing their temper? Or am I better off just sticking my hand in? I really want to be able to hold her but I'm starting to think she's just one of those T's that I won't be able to handle.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
She could be an evil G. rosea. Or she is just mistaking you for food. They attack the water dish like a dog chasing a car when its watering time.

Simon83

Arachnosquire
Haha I'm thinking she's an evil one. She escaped from the pet shop assistants hand when he was getting her out to show me...she dropped maybe almost almost a foot and survived. She's a hard fiesty one. I'm hoping once she gets used to her new home she'll chill the frack out a bit.

Creepy Crawler

Arachnopeon
"no pun intended"...awesome!

Funy, I've been hearing/reading a lot lately about "evil" GR's...aren't these things supposed to be the quintessential "pet tarantula"?

There is a guy locally here wanted to unload his adult for cheap...wonder if that's why?