How long before a sling molts the first time?

Lance Varden

Arachnopeon
I got a free gold knee sling with an order, and it is the first sling I have had. It has been a month now. I have fed it cricket parts and seems very healthy, but i has not molted yet.

How long does it usually take?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It all depends. I have a G. Rosea sling that I got last Sept, it was 3/4" when I got it. 9 months later its......................... 3/4" :D I have seen it eat, its nice and healthy. Just has chosen not to molt.

You should not have to wait anywhere near that long. No one can tell you for sure when its going to molt, but I dont think you will have to wait much longer.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It all depends. I have a G. Rosea sling that I got last Sept, it was 3/4" when I got it. 9 months later its......................... 3/4" :D I have seen it eat, its nice and healthy. Just has chosen not to molt.

You should not have to wait anywhere near that long. No one can tell you for sure when its going to molt, but I dont think you will have to wait much longer.
Holy crap ! That's stupid slow. My G. aureostriata was less then an inch in Feb of this year. So far it has moulted 3 times, and is 2.25 inches. Not bad for 4 months !

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, but just wait, it is still a Grammostola. Chacos tend to eat well, and grow well while they are still small, they they hit about 2 inches, and bang!! Appetite goes down, and so does growth rate.
Don't worry about your little sling, it will moult. Just keep feeding it once a week until it refuses food.