How large can Avicularia minatrix grow?

Neot

Arachnopeon
I saw someone mentioned in an old thread that A.minatrix can grow about 3" and more hardy than other avics, so I want to know is it true?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
3" or so is tops for a female, as for being more hardy than other Avics I personally don't think there is much difference. One thing to add the slings are TINY compared to other Avics about half the size. If you able to grow other Avic slings, as long as you can provide it with correct husbandry/enclosure with small enough prey, it shouldn't be any harder.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I saw someone mentioned in an old thread that A.minatrix can grow about 3" and more hardy than other avics, so I want to know is it true?
I've raised several A. minatrix. I find them to be the easiest to raise of all. I have an adult female I raised from a sling, she's gorgeous, maxed out at 3" DLS. They are excellent eaters and grow very fast! For disposition, I put them between A. metallica and A. versicolor.

They are bred but not frequently, hold their value as slings as well. usually at about 40-45$ for 0.5-0.75 slings.

They are the only known Avic that maintains the tiger striped abdominal pattern into adulthood.

Neot

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the answers @sdsnybny @viper69 ;)
but this little one is not quite visible T. right? I just found this info when I dig more in the forum.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for the answers @sdsnybny @viper69 ;)
but this little one is not quite visible T. right? I just found this info when I dig more in the forum.
No Avics are really that visible, more often than not they hide in web tubes or canopies, often covering the walls of a container with dense webbing.