How Involved Are Your SO?

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Same here.
Wife is tolerant, son interested, daughter involved.
Same. Husband tolerates, daughter is involved.

And by “tolerates” I mean he either approves or disapproves of my new acquisitions and sets the cost of any new t’s. Therapists say this behavior is unhealthy in a marriage, I say that it proves women are superior because he somehow thinks this is an exchange as if it’s not a win-win for me.
My daughter, bless her little heart, loves my t’s, not just hers. She was the one who insisted I name them all so she’d know who was who since the scientific names are hard for her.

PhoenixFyre

Arachnomom
Arachnosupporter +
My husband and I have been together so long that he's seen and completely tolerated all of my passions. :rofl:
Now he's at that point where he answers in one-word statements like: "Nice!" or "Awesome!" or "Interesting..."

He's always been a man of few words.

As for the caring of my animals, he helps if I ask, but he knows not to interfere.

Smart man... :rofl:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

And by “tolerates” I mean he either approves or disapproves of my new acquisitions and sets the cost of any new t’s. Therapists say this behavior is unhealthy in a marriage, I say that it proves women are superior because he somehow thinks this is an exchange as if it’s not a win-win for me.
My daughter, bless her little heart, loves my t’s, not just hers. She was the one who insisted I name them all so she’d know who was who since the scientific names are hard for her.
Therapists are right, and you’re wrong.

No one sets limits on what pets I can or cannot get, just like I don’t set limits on her interests.

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Therapists are right, and you’re wrong.

No one sets limits on what pets I can or cannot get, just like I don’t set limits on her interests.
Eh we’ll agree to disagree. The therapists are right about a lot, but that particular aspect is debatable (in regards to my marriage specifically). The exchange is just fun for us both 😇 And in his defense, my interests are subject to financial and space constraints that his aren’t, and he strives to be the voice of reason he thinks I often lack (there may or may not be merit to this).

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
communication and compromise along with keeping your given word go a long way towards keeping the other half happy and content

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter

That's kind of the opposite of the typical American household as I understand it. Usually the wife keeps the husband's indulgences in check. I wouldn't know. I'm single. I could have free range Vietnamese centipedes in the living room and nobody would care. :)

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
He tolerates them, but that's about it. I'd love it if he were interested and more involved, but it's just not his thing.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
(in regards to my marriage specifically)
That is no concern of mine. My reply was clearly a general response as I have zero knowledge/ interest about what goes in your home. Generally speaking they are right as I mentioned. :rofl:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
The funniest question I’ got last night was when explaining transfers.

The obt is ready for a transfer. The question was do I just pick it up with my hands to move it? My response was only if you have another hot date lined up, cause I’d be at the hospital. 😅

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
That is no concern of mine. My reply was clearly a general response as I have zero knowledge/ interest about what goes in your home. Generally speaking they are right as I mentioned. :rofl:
Ooof. Viper woke up today and chose violence, duly noted 😇

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
My wife would work reptile shows when we were breeding chameleons. She doesn’t really have an interest in tarantulas but will help me from time to time when separating slings or rehousing.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My wife would work reptile shows when we were breeding chameleons. She doesn’t really have an interest in tarantulas but will help me from time to time when separating slings or rehousing.
Chams rock! Dixie Reptile Show?