How I Keep my T's (critiques welcomed)

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
Here is my current set up. The only adult T have purchased was a mature Rosie. He died so this is the collection I have at the moment....

Grammastola pulchripies
Sahydroaraneus raja
Aviculara versicolor
Brachypelma smithi
Brachypelma abopilosum
Grammastola iheringi
Lasiadora parahybana
Euthalus Spec Red
Monocentropus balfouri

Everyone has moss in their enclosure that I use as a hydration source. My Sahydroaraneus raja has a lot of moss that I wet and let dry. She enjoys it and will even surround herself with it. I also place a piece of cork bark so she can rest on that I she absolutely needs a place that is dry.

Same with my Aviculara versicolor, but she doesn't really ever get in it that I have seen. Again, I wet and let dry. I feel constant humidity can be a killer from my research.

All the others have a strand of moss that I wet as a source of hydration. This keeps my substrate dry and keeps mold from growing in the enclosure.

The sellers I bought the balfori off of kept it's enclosure just a tad too moist I think. So I am going to avoid wetting anything for a while. Not ready for a rehouse and there are some silk leaves in there it can climb on to get a relief if needed.

IMG_20160926_064051996_HDR.jpg IMG_20160918_172016459_HDR.jpg 1474974152452938672253.jpg

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I like your setups a lot. You may want to add waterdishes, but that is up for debate. I love the piece of bark in the last picture, seems you are doing a really good job caring for them :D

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Given the size of the enclosures I'd add water dishes in for all of them. It'll keep you from having to water so often. I've had several Ts that loved making their homes in the moss I provided. Some even prefered it over my standard big leaf.

Which enclosure is the A.versi?

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
I like your setups a lot. You may want to add waterdishes, but that is up for debate. I love the piece of bark in the last picture, seems you are doing a really good job caring for them :D
Yeah, the only reason I don't offer a water dish just yet is that they are all too small. My Brachypelma abopilosum should just about be ready for a dish at his/her next molt. Will also be rehousing it so there will be much more room.

Thanks for the input!!

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
Given the size of the enclosures I'd add water dishes in for all of them. It'll keep you from having to water so often. I've had several Ts that loved making their homes in the moss I provided. Some even prefered it over my standard big leaf.

Which enclosure is the A.versi?
The Versicolor is front middle. Drilled a hole in the cork bark and anchored it. Next molt will probably be too big and I have a bigger enclosure ready to go for it.

The moss is at the bottom of enclosure.

IMG_20160914_212143366_HDR.jpg

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, the only reason I don't offer a water dish just yet is that they are all too small.
Even the tiniest of slings can't drown so I add a water dish in every enclosure. Moss will work when they are small but I wouldn't use the moss as a water source for the T if it has made the moss into a hide.

The Versicolor is front middle. Drilled a hole in the cork bark and anchored it. Next molt will probably be too big and I have a bigger enclosure ready to go for it.

The moss is at the bottom of enclosure.

View attachment 221361
I would pick up a 32 oz deli cup and rehouse the A.versi and add in some fake plants for web points. The extra height would benefit an arboreal T and the web points would make it easier for the T to make it's web funnel and feel secure. IMO this is one that needs a water dish. I like to be able to control the moisture in Avic enclosures (especially slings) because they have a smaller range they do well in than most Ts.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
eah, the only reason I don't offer a water dish just yet is that they are all too small.
The containers or the Ts? The Ts are never too small to have a water dish. Ts can swim by the way, they won't drown.